• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

wrong board for this shit

please abstain from posting today, carolinafan

Just trying to bring some logic to this board today. Wes Miller is a perfect candidate for Wake. Your program hasn’t been relevant in nearly 15 years, all universities are going to be cash strapped for the foreseeable future, and NCAA basketball isn’t what it once was. Your last three coaches are Bz, Gaudio, and Danny Manning. You guys are setting yourselves up for a massive letdown if you think you’re getting a high profile candidate.

That’s some lazy ass reporting from Goodman. No way Kelsey and Odom are on the list. Utterly and completely not qualified. Miller isn’t qualified either, but every list needs a fallback candidate and he makes sense. Forbes is legit would be a great hire.

My guess is Currie already has the new guy lined up.

Like his reporting of $18M.

Don't think we could get him, but I'd look at Ed Cooley at Providence. Other names to think about if top tier lists don't work out:

Porter Moser
Steve Alford
Amaker
Dane Fife (unlikely as seen as Izzo successor)

Forbes would be tremendous, Miller would be good too.

Kelsey would be awful, and bucketing him and Miller makes no sense outside of their associations with Wake.

Miller hasn't proven shit and has zero experience in P6 coaching. We can't take that chance now.

A lot of Unc fans want Wes to take over in a few years so I’m not going to say he’s a bad hire

Don't think we could get him, but I'd look at Ed Cooley at Providence. Other names to think about if top tier lists don't work out:

Porter Moser
Steve Alford
Amaker
I'm low key interested in Porter Moser.
We don't usually bat his name around here, but he's got a good record. I just don't know what tier to place him on, other than not Tier One of course.

It's not that Wake specifically can't get Cooley, but he's not leaving PC. He's spent just about his entire life in that area, both growing up and professionally, and the Friar community adores him. I've gotten to go to a handful of games the last few years, and the environment at the Dunk is so much different than I remember it being there under previous coaches.

Porter Moser
Steve Alford
Amaker

giphy.gif

It's not that Wake specifically can't get Cooley, but he's not leaving PC. He's spent just about his entire life in that area, both growing up and professionally, and the Friar community adores him. I've gotten to go to a handful of games the last few years, and the environment at the Dunk is so much different than I remember it being there under previous coaches.

agreed

Like his reporting of $18M.

He reported that last year and Manning's salary is about $3 million a year. You really can't do math, can you?

Just stop lying to impress people on the internet.

Back