• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Doherty shared a regular season ACC title with Duke.

And Dino had the #1 ranked team in the country at one point, who gives a fuck? 1 good season with someone else's roster and then tanked the program with the most recognizable basketball player in the world at the time associated with it. If Carolina fans were left in charge they would sink that program faster than Wellman could.

And with multiple Burger Boys went 8-20.

The next year he got 3 of the Top 12 HS players and went 6-10 in the ACC.

You guys would give a nut for Doherty’s run at UNC. That’s where your program is right now. Facts don’t care about your feelings, RJ.

goddamit stop talking about Doherty

I don't want Kelsey, but I could get into it if that's the pick -- leash would be pretty short though

You sure don’t hire a search firm if you’ve already locked someone up.

He didn’t hire the search firm this morning. This has been in the works for awhile and a search firm is immensely valuable when you’re starting to discreetly look for a new coach while you still have a coach in place.

If Pat is our hire, it means we have been too cheap to hire a top coach.

Think about it. Forbes would get at least 330% pay hike and a P6 job. He's waited a long time to get one. To get to Pat, Forbes and others would have had to say no.

You sure don’t hire a search firm if you’ve already locked someone up.

Optics, my friend. You think Currie called that guy up on a Sat morning? Any work that the search firm did for us they did in February and early March having early behind the scenes conversations for us.

If Wake MBB has essentially been celibate for 10 years, you don’t blow your wad by hiring Kelsey, Miller, Odom, etc...

Currie is smart enough to know that firing Manning and hiring a meh coach won’t fire up the fans and bring the program back. This 1:30 press conference coming up sure seems like our chance to make waves with a top tier hire. My guess is we get one of Matta, Beilein or Forbes. I’d be pumped with any of those and in that order. Go Deacs!

Currie has had a month and a half since the end of the season. He damn well better have someone sewn up
to pull the plug now.

This is my thought. I believe the money has been there or apparently the lawyers got involved and we may string this out as long as possible. Would have been fine if we fired Manning and hadn’t named a replacement yet because of the Coronavirus disruption, but hard to believe we do this now unless we have a top choice ready to announce. We will find out in about 15 mins.

Now is the time to have big brass balls and go for the biggest hire we could possibly get...we are the only game in town right now and this is a massive opportunity for us. If we end up with Wes Miller or Pat Kelsey, its going to be very disappointing.

There is no way in HELL that we should hire a Blue Goat to coach at Wake.

If Currie is dumb enough to even consider giving Miller an interview, he should require that Miller sign an upfront contract stating that he would not mention the color baby blue, UNC, paper classes, or his mentor Ole Roy at any time, even in the interview.

Chill interim during the search means nothing. The kids need a face to be in touch with make sure they attend any necessary class stuff etc. Also, gives a deacon legend time to land on his feet.

I agree that currie likely has something in place already and we'll know soon. Announcing manning is gone on a sunday seems like he recieved a verbal yes very recently.

Well that was a bit of a disappointment. Figured we’d call a press conference to announce the hiring of the next coach not to reread the message sent out earlier to fans/media.

Hope to god we can get someone announced soon.

Back