• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I believe it is entirely possible and probable that the candidate we choose came to campus in February or early March.

That would show a lot of foresight by Currie. Most coaches were pretty busy with their own teams during February and early March.

As we start a new era in bball, maybe we can start a new era here.

I hope the people I'm about to out will see this as being positive and using their actions to help the board heal and be better.

It's indisputable that Townie and RJ have had countless tiffs, fights and battles that became heated and personal. RJ has often stated peace is one correspondence away.

About two weeks ago, Townie went out his way to reach to RJ to admit his errors and see if they could mend fences and heal wounds. It was greatly appreciated. Of course, RJ thanked him and accepted his apology.

Since then, theyve had a couple of hiccups but have been able to work through them and kept any problems from blowing up. There's no doubt whatsoever that they will disagree and disagree loudly about things in the future. It's inevitable. What's not inevitable is that they will go back to where they were.

I'm hoping that they won't go back. I think it's more likely that they won't.

If Townie can show the strength and courage to reach out like this, basically everyone else can. I hope many of you will follow his lead and reach out to RJ to apologize and take accountability for your actions. Admitting you are wrong is not a weakness.

Thanks, Townie and RJ
LOLOLOLOLOLO

Oh great, the excitement pool is quickly drained. Amaker had his chance at big boy hoops. Why would Wake want to give him another one?

Coming from the "Giles to Wake" dude, taking it with a grain of salt.

If we swing and miss on Matta and Forbes, Amaker seems like a solid backup:
-He has actually recruited really well at Harvard (pulling in some 4*s)
-Over his career he has a .600 winning percentage
-Has made NCAA/NIT more seasons than not

If we can't get Matta and Forbes, I'd rather have someone with a solid floor who is a proven (albeit unexciting) commodity. That is the pragmatic move.

Odom or Kelsey would be massive risks.

Amaker coached 10 years between Seton Hall and Michigan to get to the tournament once. Give me a break. Kelsey is suddenly looking like Brad Stevens.

One narrative says Wellman offered Amaker the job back in 2014 without even interviewing him and that he rejected Wake's offer.

Amaker would be disappointing. I’m not sure why you fire Manning to go get Amaker, doesnt make much sense to me.

Back