• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

This thread was 10x more interesting with lurkers at the airport.

There have been some announced suspensions of players under the catch all reason of "failure to follow team rules." It's possible some of those were for minor academic issues- stuff like missing class, not turning in work etc. We may never know the real reasons. And some of the players involved have transferred.

So, if Beilein was interested enough in the position to be on campus Monday, how was he not impressed with our recently upgraded facilities?!

Close the deal, Currie! :thumbsup:

That Greenville flight was a return flight, flew up to Winston and then came back an hour later.

Awful quick Currie-Richey meeting

Not sold on Amaker. I think he would be a good choice and likely better than we will ultimately land with, BUT like it or not dookies will not be welcome. AND I understand he is a bleeding heart liberal. Like it or not we are a Baptist/conservative School. And I know many of you will want to argue that point with me, but it does factor into these decisions.

I see Wes as a low-floor, high-ceiling candidate. He'd definitely put in the work to become an elite coach, and if he gets there high-ceiling. He could also put in the work, and for one reason or another it just doesn't workout. You can see he has become a better coach at UNCG, but learning curve in the SOCON is much easier than learning curve in the ACC.

Not sold on Amaker. I think he would be a good choice and likely better than we will ultimately land with, BUT like it or not dookies will not be welcome. AND I understand he is a bleeding heart liberal. Like it or not we are a Baptist/conservative School. And I know many of you will want to argue that point with me, but it does factor into these decisions.

How exactly does that come into play with a basketball coach?

giphy.gif

I’ll wait and see if it’s miller or Kelsey because those guys are better than we’ve had and may turn out to be good. But that’s only if it’s pretty well confirmed that Matta forbes Beilein turned us down. No saving face here. Currie better leak the shit out is that because if we didn’t bend over deep for all three or those then get the fuck out of here.

Evan Daniels bringing the scoop on 247 premium, ohhh i like it!!!

Back