• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I'm expecting Forbes or Miller to be announced as the new coach by Friday. Would love to know if we struck out and missed on Matta, if he wasn't healthy, etc. Just seems to be no more smoke around Matta's name, and Currie is smart enough to see Forbes or Miller as the best options after Matta.

I wonder if Currie and his top staff are having a drinking game about how many people "lead" their search.

I wonder if Currie has a guy,

If we miss on Matta, i’m more than happy with Forbes or Miller.

I went from a strong dislike of the possibility of Wes Miller, but after being scared shitless with the Amaker talk...

I think I'd love to have Wes Miller.

Now I think Miller versus Amaker is more the classic high-risk high-reward versus low risk low ceiling and I would prefer Miller in that regard

The Amaker sighting/leak on campus kills two birds: scare the fanbase into accepting a non Matta/Beilein/Forbes candidate, and satisfy Nathan Hatch.

Currie playing 4D chess up in here.

Snobs.

Yet Danny Manning had the pen and paper ready to sign Harry Giles, a kid who “graduated” high school from a now defunct online diploma mill.

GTFOH with that elitist bullshit.

Exactly. The myth that Wake is at a disadvantage due to do self-imposed academic restrictions has always been bullshit. Just another excuse for Wellman and his coaches to underperform. And the idiots who fund the AD fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Who would you trust, a Prosser protégé or an Ole Roy protégé?

Weird way to frame the question. Wes and Kelsey are both guys who can stand on their own two feet. I’d rather have Wes. Think he has more upside. So, I’ll take the Ole Roy protege. The same Ole Roy who has 3 national championships compared to our zero.

Back