• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Wonder if this guy coaches basketball?
images

TBH, Forbes gives off this vibe a bit in interviews.

There is no rush really but we’re the only major job open so there’s not any reason for a delay is there?

Also, Fran Mc might be a little douchey but would be leaps and bounds a better choice than Amaker and he’s proven he can win at a high level. He’s no Matta, but we could do worse.

If there is a season in 2021, he will have a top 5 team. You don't build up to a top 5 team to take over our current dumpster of a program.

Miller or Forbes would be fine by me but lean towards Miller because of the defense he plays at UNCG and is younger. As long as it's no Frickin Amaker.

I would be feeling a bit of urgency to make sure new hire has a chance to hold onto our current players.

There is no rush really but we’re the only major job open so there’s not any reason for a delay is there?

I'm just conditioned to fear the worst after following the last 2 coaches' searches. Sure, there is no rush, but the sooner this happens, the better. The longer it goes, the more it seems like WF is getting turned down left and right.

Is Hubert Davis a more qualified candidte than Wes Miller ?

Search Firms serve two purposes for AD's.
First, the search firms are the ones that reach out first to guage interest, so that the AD knows who might be serious about the position. They help to quickly narrow down the field to realistic candidates.
Second, they give the AD cover if the hire goes bad

Your head believes very obvious misinformation. Do you really think Forbes or Miller would turn down an offer?

I don't know what's in their heads. But why is that so ridiculous? Do you not think they both will have other P6 offers in the future?

Search Firms serve two purposes for AD's.
First, the search firms are the ones that reach out first to guage interest, so that the AD knows who might be serious about the position. They help to quickly narrow down the field to realistic candidates.
Second, they give the AD cover if the hire goes bad

1st - the AD can reach out to coaches himself, so who cares?
2nd - If the hire goes bad the AD still takes the blame, ultimately they are responsible for the final hire.

So they serve no purpose other then to outsource research and provide names you may have overlooked.

Plane is almost certainly landing in Des Moines for those that are interested.

Back