• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

We're all going to be disappointed if Thad Motta is not our new coach. This has got to be a home run hire!

Maybe not all of us, but he will immediately make Wake relevant again if he is hired. There won't be a 2-3 year "wait and see" period that we would have with Miller or even Forbes.

If Matta was on campus and did tour the facilities and Joel, that's a terrific sign. I still think he's the best choice Wake can make after the last decade.

I'll take all of this at face value but wouldn't Matta and Amaker have run into one another in the hallway? I'm lost but I hope the Matta rumors are true.

Which brings me to this question....

If Matta truly was at Wake yesterday and is sincerely interested, wouldn't he just stay in Winston for the announcement rather than flying back home? Point being .... shouldn't we expect an announcement very soon if not by Friday?

If Matta was on campus and did tour the facilities and Joel, that's a terrific sign. I still think he's the best choice Wake can make after the last decade.

Matta is clearly tier 1. If healthy, he's clearly the top choice over everyone else, including Beilein. And if Matta is interested, I gotta think that Currie maybe had a chat with his agent before canning Manning.

I'll take all of this at face value but wouldn't Matta and Amaker have run into one another in the hallway? I'm lost but I hope the Matta rumors are true.

If Matta truly was at Wake yesterday and is sincerely interested, wouldn't he just stay in Winston for the announcement rather than flying back home? Point being .... shouldn't we expect an announcement very soon if not by Friday?

I'd like to think this would be wrapped up by tomorrow. While I understand some posters say "what is the rush?" I think it looks better if we make a higher sooner rather than dragging this out into next week.

The story is that he was at Wake today, not yesterday.

Agreed. That's why I was curious about the plane being hauled into the hanger when the flight plan was for an immediate return to Roanoke. Something was being hidden that the public wasn't supposed to see.
The truth is out there
giphy.gif

Lol at people who keep typing "higher" instead of "hire". I've seen this like 4 times on this board.

Amaker was seen in the morning. Matta’s plane landed in the afternoon.

I'd like to think this would be wrapped up by tomorrow. While I understand some posters say "what is the rush?" I think it looks better if we make a higher sooner rather than dragging this out into next week.

I was told this will be done in 48 hours.

Even if they did run into each other that’s not too big a deal is it? Maybe awkward but I don’t chalk that up as amateur hour on our part. Seems moot though

I hope your source is legit. This is big shit. Finish the damn deal John, we will build you a statue.

If this is Thad Matta, he is suffering from some rapid aging disease. Thus, it makes perfect sense that Wake Forest would have two coaches pass away on the job.

BPHyIvl.jpg

Back