• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions Partner

Our older child has his own card, but the younger ones run with a group of friends that are all 9-12 years old, none with a card. Giving them some cash to get ice cream was way easier.
Can’t you just give them your card? My kids don’t have their own credit cards, but all fully versed on how to use one.

Can’t you just give them your card? My kids don’t have their own credit cards, but all fully versed on how to use one.
I could, but then I wouldn't have my card and they might lose the card. The kids hang out on the hill and parents sit in the stands. Plus, during the WS Open the food truck wouldn't let the young kids use a card without their parents present. It was a lot easier last year to give them $20...

I could, but then I wouldn't have my card and they might lose the card. The kids hang out on the hill and parents sit in the stands. Plus, during the WS Open the food truck wouldn't let the young kids use a card without their parents present. It was a lot easier last year to give them $20...
Totally fair. I feel like there are maybe more cashless things in the NE so that’s a battle I potentially lost a while ago 😂

I agree with little kids that giving them a 20 is easier and preferred.

But not the way things are anymore.

Both retail commerce and my kids being little.

I have Tower and Touchdown tickets. I sat with my daughter in the TD club last night and other family in the Tower. To my knowledge, none of them ate in the Tower so no report there. But in the fieldhouse, Proof of the Pudding better step up their game in a MASSIVE way! God, it was horrible. Their main feature were weenies that looked like they came out of a Hormel can and burger sliders that Sonic would throw out. Again, this was the MAIN feature for dining. Last year ranged from beef and pork tenderloin to flank steak with all kinds of sides. I felt sorry for the poor attendants as they were hearing complaints. NOT their fault and they're probably getting $10/hour to serve.

I told the guy in line behind me, "This caterer is on the PGA Tour". To which he astutely replied, "yeah, but Tiger Woods ain't eating this stuff!"

As for the atmosphere.... It is FAR improved and hats-off to all involved. The LED lights, the music.... I thought everything really provided a much-improved gameday feel. They just need to fix the food and I think they will.

And final observation.... it appears the parking pass ticket scanning lasted all of 5 minutes. Guy at our lot motioned us in and we didn't see a scanner in sight.

The burgers and mac/cheese in the Tower were terrible. They didn't have any BBQ sandwiches. I heard the chicken tenders were decent.

Understand why they don't have them anymore, but mostly for nostalgia-sake I miss the guys who used to go up and down the aisles hawking kettle corn, peanuts and the like. Sometimes I'd buy just b/c I admired their shtick.
Also miss the high school ROTC students selling gameday programs.

Anybody here Pollard Club members? I wasn't at the game, but can't imagine the shitty concessions didn't make their way into Pollard.

I grew up with the CEO of the new concessions company. Lost touch when we moved to NC. I'm hoping he doesn't ask me what people are thinking of the product so far

They ran out of deacon brew and michelob on the student side of the stadium by halftime. Lots of bud light though.

Anybody here Pollard Club members? I wasn't at the game, but can't imagine the shitty concessions didn't make their way into Pollard.
Folks I was with said it was OK.

Touchdown Club was out of beer before the game 'because they were selling it all inside the stadium'.

I had 2 beers and 2 waters. Just looked at the bank and it was $36. Probably just sneak in some airplane bottles in the future.

How much of this is a management issue versus labor market issue? I've noticed that every fast food/fast casual meal I've eaten (not that many at my age) over the last couple of years has been basically horrible and I assume it's because they still can't find enough good workers.

How much of this is a management issue versus labor market issue? I've noticed that every fast food/fast casual meal I've eaten (not that many at my age) over the last couple of years has been basically horrible and I assume it's because they still can't find enough good workers.
I’d imagine college football concession worker is about as low pay as it gets

i was in the touchdown club for clemson last year first time and then they had prime rib! For the kind of money people are doling out for those tickets!!!!

The fast food/fast causal model designed to not rely on labor for quality. It’s not like they need to hire skilled chefs. If the food is bad, that’s the way it comes before they warm it up.

Back