• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Concessions Partner

How much of this is a management issue versus labor market issue? I've noticed that every fast food/fast casual meal I've eaten (not that many at my age) over the last couple of years has been basically horrible and I assume it's because they still can't find enough good workers.
It’s not the workers who are making menu decisions. That’s management.

Good points but there has to be some QC input at the food prep level, right? I mean whether the food is kept clean, kept warm, etc. makes a big difference in how it tastes.

When my wife and I were kids we worked in fast food because our parents thought that would build character or whatever. Of course now students don't do that. They have to intern at the UN or save some endangered species to have any chance at college/grad school.

Serving warm and appropriately presented fast food in a reasonable amount of time is not as simple as some make it out to be. Otherwise, you'd always get warm and appropriately presented fast food in a reasonable amount of time.

Plenty of teens work at fast food restaurants. Come on man lol
Didn't mean it as a "get off my lawn" kind of thing. I really do feel for kids who don't get experience like that because they think they have to be world-beaters to be competitive.

Most stadium concession points are stoked by groups raising money. That’s not just at Wake, I think that’s most places that labor laws will allow. For example a bunch of parents from a little league team will work a game for money for the team.

But they are seriously just heating things and ringing up customers. Quality control isn’t them.

Unless one visited a food truck, where you would receive decent food made to order, the stadium concessions were all premade. From what I saw, you go through the line, choose your items, and pay at the end. No longer were there folks taking orders, grabbing your food, and ringing you up. The new system cuts down on waiting in line, but you are at the mercy of whatever was thrown into the container whether it was good or bad. However, running out of beer is unacceptable. The margins are surely through the roof and it's a prepackaged, premade commodity. Baffling to say the least

Serving warm and appropriately presented fast food in a reasonable amount of time is not as simple as some make it out to be. Otherwise, you'd always get warm and appropriately presented fast food in a reasonable amount of time.

When it's your livelihood, it kind of helps to make an effort in this regard. Thursday night was like someone ran out to Costco and threw a bunch of it in the microwave.

The burgers and mac/cheese in the Tower were terrible. They didn't have any BBQ sandwiches. I heard the chicken tenders were decent.
The suite I visited had pulled pork, pulled chicken and probably the same mac and cheese. It was all reasonable in a way that most food tastes reasonable when you are three beers deep and starving.

Any reports on the concessions today? Have they run out of beer again? From what I saw of the “sold out” crowd, it would be hard to run out of anything today.

Are Touchdown Club patrons being treated to another week of Beanie Weenie? Yum! Worth that extra money.

Any reports on the concessions today? Have they run out of beer again? From what I saw of the “sold out” crowd, it would be hard to run out of anything today.

Are Touchdown Club patrons being treated to another week of Beanie Weenie? Yum! Worth that extra money.

It was somewhat improved. Have chicken wrap sandwiches and actual real-sized hamburgers along with way overdone hot dogs. But compared to last week, it's an incremental improvement.

I can't speak to the alcohol situation as I almost never drink. I did hear a few people saying the beer was warm.

It was somewhat improved. Have chicken wrap sandwiches and actual real-sized hamburgers along with way overdone hot dogs. But compared to last week, it's an incremental improvement.

I can't speak to the alcohol situation as I almost never drink. I did hear a few people saying the beer was warm.
What happened to the good old days of the Prime Rib carving station and all of the other higher-end options at the buffet in the middle of the room? Crazy to charge that much for a ticket and get chicken wraps and beanie weenie.

Back