• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New FB Commit -- QB Tyler Cameron

Him and Kevin are gonna duke it out for PT in 2 years unless Tanner gets hurt or leaves early. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Regardless I think Tyler should redshirt next year even if he is #2 since he won't get to play unless Tanner is hurt and if he isn't that much better it doesn't make sense for him to lose a year of eligibility.

I don't have much time so I watched the first play. Lefty QB rolls out to his right on a designed play and hits the receiver.

Love it. Great pickup. What are some more details on his recruitment?

He has a delivery that seems a lot like Tim Tebow's. Big, lefty wind-up.

His game mirrors Tebow's in some respects. Cameron runs in a style that suggests Tebow heavily influenced a generation of young guys in Florida -- one of the pure football facts about Tebow is the fundamental and purist way in which he runs the ball. His uncanny way of squaring shoulders and picking his way to daylight is textbook old school (which explains Urban Meyer's comparison of Tebow to the legendary Bronko Nagurski).

Now Tyler is no Tebow (who is?) but he runs a lot like Tim. He hunches forward up on toes like a big back runs -- for those who have not seen him run.

Last edited:
Wow, what a list of offers. We will have some talent at QB no doubt. The competition will be interesting.

Him and Kevin are gonna duke it out for PT in 2 years unless Tanner gets hurt or leaves early. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Regardless I think Tyler should redshirt next year even if he is #2 since he won't get to play unless Tanner is hurt and if he isn't that much better it doesn't make sense for him to lose a year of eligibility.

I agree, if he comes in Jan., he has basically one and a half years to learn and mature and still four years of eligibility. Don't forget what a year or two of strength work and coaching from Elrod will do for Kevin and Tyler(look at the development of Tanner). With the young receivers on board plus Crump and hopefully Davis coming, if we get decent ol play ; our passing game could be scary good for quite a long time. Don't want to forget Galloway's impact either.

Good news - how does this affect sousa?
This also should be tacked.

Good news - how does this affect sousa?
This also should be tacked.

It affects Sousa in the fact that there will be competition for Tanner's back-up and then his succesor. Competition is good. Also, you can never discount injuries.

Were his other offers recruiting him at QB?

Yep. Tennessee appears to be the other school that was hard after him, and then USF won out. Since he opened his recruitment back up after committing to USF, I think UCLA and us were the big players.

Check out the stockton shorts on the ref at 1:35 in the video.

Also, this kid had a better release as HS sophomore than Tebow has as an NFL QB.

His game mirrors Tebow's in some respects. Cameron runs in a style that suggests Tebow heavily influenced a generation of young guys in Florida -- one of the pure football facts about Tebow is the fundamental and purist way in which he runs the ball. His uncanny way of squaring shoulders and picking his way to daylight is textbook old school (which explains Urban Meyer's comparison of Tebow to the legendary Bronko Nagurski).

Now Tyler is no Tebow (who is?) but he runs a lot like Tim. He hunches forward up on toes like a big back runs -- for those who have not seen him run.

Tebow has about 40 pounds on him. It'd be interesting to see what ol' Grobe would do on 4th and 1 if WFU has a 6'3 240 pounder who likes to get hit.

A more accurate comparison (and one I think Ph would validate if he watched the full film) is former USF Qb Matt Grothe. Same size, runs similarly, just is a southpaw.

This kid looks great, good pickup for the Deacs. We're killing it in QB recruiting.

Last edited:
This sounds like a great pick-up. Welcome Tyler!

Why did he lose a star? Not that it matters; I'm mostly just curious as to what a recruit can do to be downgraded like that.

Why did he lose a star? Not that it matters; I'm mostly just curious as to what a recruit can do to be downgraded like that.

After committing to us he will lose all his stars!

Welcome to a QB with a pretty solid QB name, second only to "Tanner Price." You won't regret your decision. You should be watching the Deacs playing in the championship game tonight. Hopefully you will help rectify that wrong sometime during your career.

He didn't have a great showing at the Elite 11 Camp. That's why Tennessee backed off and took Nathan Peterman's commitment. That's not to say that Cameron is garbage though - LSU still offered (not sure how committable it was) after they missed on Jameis Winston.

Cameron reminds me a lot of BJ Daniels.

His decommit from USF has me confused. Cameron has said since June that his number one priority is the ability to play early. USF hasn't had any other QB commits this year, so I'm not sure what changed there in the past 2 months - maybe the Skip Holtz to UNC rumors are what did it.

Back