• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New FB Commit -- QB Tyler Cameron

He doesn't have much in common with Grothe -- Matt wasn't even 6 feet tall and was more a frenetic scrambler.

This guy is big. He is over 6'3 and 216 pounds. Tim Tebow as a SR in HS was 6'3-225. He has definitely been influenced by Tebow.

I'm reading he's 6'3 210 compared to Grothe's 6'0 205. And watch them both on tape and tell me if you don't see similarities. He doesn't look like Tebow.

Nevertheless, he's good and a great pickup and that's all that matters, not who he looks like on tape.

Last edited:
Nice.

"What the fuck is he doing?"
"Kill him!"

For a second I thought they had dubbed in my reaction from when Kenny flubbed the interception and then threw the ball 25 yards down the field against Vandy.

Edited to add: I'm not sure who JD is, but he is apparently "wide open" on every play.

Last edited:
I'm reading he's 6'3 210 compared to Grothe's 6'0 205. And watch them both on tape and tell me if you don't see similarities. He doesn't look like Tebow.

Nevertheless, he's good and a great pickup and that's all that matters, not who he looks like on tape.

Well Matt is an outstanding runner and scrambler...he has a knack for not taking too many square shots (he took his share) but he had that uncanny feel for sliding away from direct hits. He was crafty.

I'm not arguing with you, but I've passed him on a sideline and he's about the size of Ted Stachitas. He may be 5'11 and a half.

This kid is a good deal bigger and maybe the tale of the tape does not come acoss on tape.

As a Florida QB I'd probably rate him closer to Mike Greco but with lots more feel for the QB position. Not as fast as Mike. Greco was legit 4.4.

Well Matt is an outstanding runner and scrambler...he has a knack for not taking too many square shots (he took his share) but he had that uncanny feel for sliding away from direct hits. He was crafty.

I'm not arguing with you, but I've passed him on a sideline and he's about the size of Ted Stachitas. He may be 5'11 and a half.

This kid is a good deal bigger and maybe the tale of the tape does not come acoss on tape.

As a Florida QB I'd probably rate him closer to Mike Greco but with lots more feel for the QB position. Not as fast as Mike. Greco was legit 4.4.

Okay, that makes more sense than Tebow. I think people underestimate how much of a physical freak of nature Tebow was (and how much he liked to get hit).

Okay, that makes more sense than Tebow. I think people underestimate how much of a physical freak of nature Tebow was (and how much he liked to get hit).

This kid is a lot more comfortable floating in the pocket than Tebow was, especially with a line that doesn't pass block very well. Its great to have a big physical QB that can run but part of what made Tebow unstoppable is that defenses had to stay spread out to cover the rest of the skill players. When your tailbacks are 2 of the fastest players ever to play college football it really helps keep linebackers honest longer. That being said Tebow is a freak, but we don't have that kind of speed in the backfield to benefit a running QB, we need a passer that can run not the other way around. This kid throws a good ball, great touch for a young player, but steps up in the pocket and sends some down the pipe a few times too. Glad he's gonna be one of the good guys.

Hard to tell from highlight videos, but he seems really accurate with his throws, even on the run.

Back