• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New FB Commit -- QB Tyler Cameron

But 30 spots different between Rivals and Scout?!...that's weird...

Rivals ranks pro-style and dual-threat quarterbacks separately so they are probably similar when you count the pro-style kids.

Good news - how does this affect sousa?
This also should be tacked.

Positively.

Both of these big Florida QB's want to be the man. Let's not get too caught up in the "recruit d'jour" thing. They are both hellacious prospects and to think that the staff filled the Morris loss with a prospect like this kid...well, that is a recruiting milestone.

Positively.

Both of these big Florida QB's want to be the man. Let's not get too caught up in the "recruit d'jour" thing. They are both hellacious prospects and to think that the staff filled the Morris loss with a prospect like this kid...well, that is a recruiting milestone.

Can I hear an Amen from the congregation!

No complaints but sure wish we could snag some DLs like this. I really think this is the only position that we're not on equal competitive ground with when compared with the rest of the conference.

Nice pick up. With him and Texas RB Joshua Wilhite coming in next year (whose team just won the Regionals and heading to State)...we'll have some firepower!

Can I hear an Amen from the congregation!

Amen! Brother Bill and the rest of the Wake family.

Great pick up. I really like his running ability. He's got some decent speed and some nifty moves. In a few years he could easily be 6' 4" 230 and should be able to run over some db's for extra yds when needed.

Something to understand about Tyler is that he played on a very bad team. He had a very impressive offer list but was pressured early by several of the schools to commit. Ow or lose your offer. Our school is one of the better programs in palm beach county and he's been giving us fits for 4 years. He almost single handedly beat us last year.

Hes a high character kid that will be a perfect fit at wake. He expects to redshirt next year even though he will enroll in January. Tyler is going to be a very special player for us and the comparisons to Tebow are warranted, he's a beast.

Something to understand about Tyler is that he played on a very bad team. He had a very impressive offer list but was pressured early by several of the schools to commit. Ow or lose your offer. Our school is one of the better programs in palm beach county and he's been giving us fits for 4 years. He almost single handedly beat us last year.

Hes a high character kid that will be a perfect fit at wake. He expects to redshirt next year even though he will enroll in January. Tyler is going to be a very special player for us and the comparisons to Tebow are warranted, he's a beast.

^^^ this

Tebow has about 40 pounds on him. It'd be interesting to see what ol' Grobe would do on 4th and 1 if WFU has a 6'3 240 pounder who likes to get hit.

A more accurate comparison (and one I think Ph would validate if he watched the full film) is former USF Qb Matt Grothe. Same size, runs similarly, just is a southpaw.

This kid looks great, good pickup for the Deacs. We're killing it in QB recruiting.

He doesn't have much in common with Grothe -- Matt wasn't even 6 feet tall and was more a frenetic scrambler.

This guy is big. He is over 6'3 and 216 pounds. Tim Tebow as a SR in HS was 6'3-225. He has definitely been influenced by Tebow.

Hopefully this will give us some recruiting mo to finish out the year strong.

No complaints but sure wish we could snag some DLs like this. I really think this is the only position that we're not on equal competitive ground with when compared with the rest of the conference.

Seriously. 10 sacks on the season doesn't quite cut it. Didn't help we started dropping our best pass rusher back in coverage this season.

Cameron looks like a huge pickup for this class.

Last edited:
Back