• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New football assistant - Jonathan Himebauch

@Texas: Who cares if he has or hasn't? Galloway is a rising star, the players absolutely love him, and he does a terrific job with the WRs. Why the hell not? Move Lobo to Associate Head Coach or something, let him advise and mentor Galloway and go from there. I'd love to see this happen.

Grobe is back in my good graces big time if this happens. Would love to see the willingness to shake it up. He looked really sour after MSU (moreso than usual), and it looks like he's sticking to his guns. Maybe we can move Lobo to ST Coordinator?

I know he's a rising star, and I love the guy, but I'm still a little worried. Not worried enough to not want this move to happen, but still worried. We'll inevitably lay a stinker at some point next year, and we'll hear from keeper for days about how much of a god Lobo is.

I know he's a rising star, and I love the guy, but I'm still a little worried. Not worried enough to not want this move to happen, but still worried. We'll inevitably lay a stinker at some point next year, and we'll hear from keeper for days about how much of a god Lobo is.

I would bet money that we would have better offensive production than we've had in years if Coach G is oc

What are the reasons why are people convinced Galloway would make a great OC?

What are the reasons why are people convinced Galloway would make a great OC?

We're not we just hate the current guy and are willing to role the dice on a guy who's an unknown. He's our Barack Obama.

Can't wait to see Lectro and others weigh in on doing what the fuggin idiots have been saying needs to happen.

Please let this happen. Lobo to Associate Head Coach is perfect. Let him Coach TE's or something, we rarely use them anyways. We just need to hire another Defensive Coach and we're all set.

if lobo moves to assistant head coach or whatever, doesn't that kind of mean he will be taking over for grobe when he retires?

It's taking say long since with all new hires there is a strict screening process by the university and it takes a couple of days for all of the background checks and stuff. Dan has a good write up on the situation.

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/entry/football-staff-starting-to-come-together/

Interesting how and why Wake takes longer to 'approve' new hires. Just one more difference in the 'Quality Control' that Wake has compared to most other schools.
Dan also mentioned that the roles of both new hires should be discussed soon. Anxious to learn who the other one is.

Because the passing game improved immensely this season.
With a talented 2nd year QB and one of Wake better WR corps, I'd have hoped he would. I'm not bagging on Galloway and would welcome a shakeup, but the dude doesn't have much to lean on.

Lobo is not going any where guys. Wishful thinking. By all accounts, Grobe is very happy with Lobo. If you are going to make any guess along those lines, I think the best you could hope for is a co-OC situation. Not sure why you would think that Galloway would be elevated over Tom Elrod who has been around longer.

By all accounts Galloway has done a great job and has been a real breath of fresh air, but annointing him as the savior seems to be a little premature.

I love how with some he seems to get credit for the improvement to the passing game exclusively without any regard to the fact that Elrod and, you know, the Coordinator surely must have had some input.

I firmly believe that the offense is a product of the vision of one certain Head Coach. . .more than any other person or factor.

Last edited:
Signing day and a still incomplete staff.

If our 2nd hire is currently on staff somewhere, the other team may be requiring that the announcement not be made until after signing day. A common practice that even we have done at times.

If you are going to make any guess along those lines, I think the best you could hope for is a co-OC situation.

I was under the impression that lobo and Galloway shared the OC duties this past season. Is this not correct?

Back