• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Gas Grill

Brangus

Reaction score
Want to buy a good one. Had a Vermont Castings since 2003, but exposure to the elements has finally worn that beast out, and I want to replace it. Want to spend no more than $700. Suggestions?

Want to buy a good one. Had a Vermont Castings since 2003, but exposure to the elements has finally worn that beast out, and I want to replace it. Want to spend no more than $700. Suggestions?

I hear the infrared heat very quickly. Old man bought a Charbroil recently and it gets work done.

Last edited:
Why not get another Vermont Castings?? (? too expensive)

Weber. If you don't need all of the fancy extra accessories but just want a solid 3 burner grill then you can get the Weber Spirit E-310. Maybe 400 bucks.

Oh and get a grill cover.

Down at the beach, my buddy left our Weber gas grill on high with all the burners on to cook some hot dogs. We came back maybe 5 minutes later to find it not on fire thankfully, but the hot dogs were powder. It was pretty awesome, actually. So get a Weber.

My first grill was a Vermont Castings. It was great for the first three years. Then it started to fall apart. Heat shields rusted through, enamel chipped off the grates, burner vents became clogged and the burners were impossible to remove. It was difficult to find replacement parts, and the parts i could find were very expensive. Ended up giving the grill away with the house when we moved.

For now, I'm using a Weber kettle grill that I bought off of Craigslist.

My next grill will be a Weber Genesis EP-310. Only problem is they never go on sale.

Who was the poster a few years ago who was asking for grill suggestions in the $300ish range, and ended up buying a $1,000+ Weber Summit? I always loved that thread because it sounded like something I would do.

Last edited:
Who was the poster a few years ago who was asking for grill suggestions in the $300ish range, and ended up buying a $1,000+ Weber Summit? I always loved that thread because it sounded like something I would do.

Twas I. Ended up being closer to 2k, but I've not regretted it at all.

Not gas obviously, but I recently got a green egg and it's just awesome....drink the kool-aid, sack up, get one and enjoy

The are several good kamados besides a Geen Egg. I wasn't sure I wanted would like grilling on a kamado, so I bought an Akorn kamado from Lowes for $299. While certainly not the equal of a ceramic kamado, it is a joy to use for smoking or grilling.

My first grill was a Vermont Castings. It was great for the first three years. Then it started to fall apart. Heat shields rusted through, enamel chipped off the grates, burner vents became clogged and the burners were impossible to remove. It was difficult to find replacement parts, and the parts i could find were very expensive. Ended up giving the grill away with the house when we moved.

For now, I'm using a Weber kettle grill that I bought off of Craigslist.

My next grill will be a Weber Genesis EP-310. Only problem is they never go on sale.

I dropped $700 for a Genesis several years ago and have not looked back since. It is BOSS!

Back