• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Gas Grill

Several years ago I finally got a Weber, which I’d been wanting for some time but had to wait for the old grill to die.

Ended up with a three burner Genesis plus “searing station” (fourth burner) with additional top/side burner for pots. Been very happy with it.

I was going to advise that the searing station isn’t really needed and I do like having the top/side burner but looking quickly it appears all the new Genesis grills come with the searing station but none with the side burner.

I would really like some feedback from guys who purchased grills back when this started (2014) about how well their purchases held up and performed over the last nine years.
I used my Weber Genesis for seared steaks last night. I still think of it as my "new" grill, but from this thread I just realized it is 10 years old. I replaced the flavor bars once and change the AA battery in the igniter every couple of years. Other than that it still grills like new. I still love it. I grilled a whole prime rib on it this past Christmas that was fantastic.

What do you people think about the Blackstone flat-tops?
Love blackstone, use it all the time. Clean up is easy peasy, can do a million things on it. Having a blackstone and a smoker, I have a green egg but any of them really, is a perfect combo to me. Probably use the blackstone 5-1 over the egg now.

I would really like some feedback from guys who purchased grills back when this started (2014) about how well their purchases held up and performed over the last nine years.
I bought a stainless steel Weber Genesis back in 2014. During the spring, summer, and fall, I probably use it at least two to three times a week and probably once every other week in the winter. My original flavor bars are still going strong. It's easy to clean and cooks great. My brother-in-law has the same grill with the added sear and side burners. His still works like brand new as well. I didn't see the need for the side burner or sear burner. Mine has been outside on my deck since I bought it but I keep it covered. It is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Weber has changed the Genesis over the years and I prefer the one I have with the steal cabinet underneath.

We bought my dad the Spirit 310 three years ago. He's had to replace his flavor bars as the enamel coated ones developed some holes. He bought stainless steel ones that are working well. I actually really like the cast iron grates on his grill. My friend has the same grill and has had it for about 7 years now and it's still doing great as well. He probably should clean it out as he's had some big flare ups. Webers are solid and easy to clean and take care of.

I used my Weber Genesis for seared steaks last night. I still think of it as my "new" grill, but from this thread I just realized it is 10 years old. I replaced the flavor bars once and change the AA battery in the igniter every couple of years. Other than that it still grills like new. I still love it. I grilled a whole prime rib on it this past Christmas that was fantastic.
I have a Weber Spirit, and the igniter died not that long after I got it (@ 10 years ago). But I am now wondering if the battery died...Burners have been replaced and need to again - seems kind of fast, but it is the low end model.

Is it tough to replace the burners in any Weber grill (particularly the Genesis model)?

I have replaced about everything else except this and maybe it will solve my initial problem.

I went Napoleon over Weber a few years ago. I think Weber quality has dipped a little and the features were a bit lacking. Prestige 4 burner with sear station. Been fantastic, gets hot as hell, very reliable, seems similar but slightly better than my old Weber Genesis it replaced. Still do more charcoal than gas but it's a very good stand-in. Oh and I got the 4 burner over the 6 because I don't do big groups often and didn't want to use that much fuel.

No experience with Napoleon so can’t compare.

Looking at them online, likely either would be great.

I have a 3 burner Genesis plus sear station. I rarely use the sear station (the normal burners are plenty hot for searing) and three burners is big enough for family grilling. So I’d think 4 rater than 6 unless you’re going with a natural gas line and don’t care about how much gas is being used or unless you’re frequently cooking for bigger groups.

I do find the side burner for pots handy on occasion.

Thanks. Think I am going with the Napoleon. Lifetime warranty on a lot of the parts. Plus, this one is a little different.

Back