• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New helmets!

That black was a long time coming. Agree with whoever said a Deacon head would be a great addition.

The other two suck, but the pics suck, so I'll withhold judgment for now.

bdfz2-ucmaahfwh.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I'll just put this here: Maryland's new batting helmets

That black was a long time coming. Agree with whoever said a Deacon head would be a great addition.

The other two suck, but the pics suck, so I'll withhold judgment for now.

I just don't see the Deacon head looking good. I'm not a big fan of person mascots on helmets. Has anybody put together a good Photoshop that could change my mind?

I just don't see the Deacon head looking good. I'm not a big fan of person mascots on helmets. Has anybody put together a good Photoshop that could change my mind?

I imagine it'll be blown up and out of proportion similar to how the Boise St Bronco looks on their most recent helmets - in other words, hideous

Not concerned with the masses on here (age 65+) think...they'll bitch about anything. This is great for 18-22yr olds and considering that is who will be wearing them, those are the only opinions that matter. The all white look will be badass.

None of these look very good. The black one is by far the best. But that's faint praise indeed. The middle one - if you'll pardon my saying so - looks simply like several day's old dogshit. The white one is just plain boring. But even the black one has problems. Why would anyone want to give our helmets a Trabant paint job?

First Buzz, now this! What the hell's going on at MSD?

I imagine it'll be blown up and out of proportion similar to how the Boise St Bronco looks on their most recent helmets - in other words, hideous

That would definitely be hideous. I can't imagine it looking that good smaller though.

The other thing that would be weird is that it would be a side profile of a face on the side of someone's face. Of the top of my head, only the Skins use a side profile on the helmet. Even with the Skins, it's not just the face. Usually it's a front facial view (i.e. current ECU, old school Bucs and Patriots).

Agree with this. Gold WF for the black helmet, black WF for the gold helmet. The only place a mascot could work is on the white helmet, but that is only because the white helmet is already so boring. Might was well make it weird.

That would definitely be hideous. I can't imagine it looking that good smaller though.

The other thing that would be weird is that it would be a side profile of a face on the side of someone's face. Of the top of my head, only the Skins use a side profile on the helmet. Even with the Skins, it's not just the face. Usually it's a front facial view (i.e. current ECU, old school Bucs and Patriots).

I don't think it would fit right unless it was pointing backwards either, which would make it even weirder.

They look so bad. Besides the black one, they're hideous.

+1. Why do we fix things that aren't broken (old football helmets were slick) but keep things around like....Bzzz and Lobo...

I'm really interested to see what logos are going on these. Like the matte black one a lot, hate the gold fade, and think the white is just boring. If there's a Deacon on the helmet, I'd be interested in seeing what the walking Deacon (like the statue outside Deacon Tower) would look like.

+1. Why do we fix things that aren't broken (old football helmets were slick) but keep things around like....Bzzz and Lobo...

Disagree. Breaking out mate black for a nationally televised game would be sweet. You have to switch it up sometimes, bro.

The White with a Black WF will look good, and the Matte Black one will look good but there is no hope for that middle one.

Double -

When will they debute the new uniforms ?

AIR, the existing h/a jerseys are 5-6 years old....time for a change.

You don't change what you win with. Wake's most successful run, and I qualify that by saying Wake's most successful run...has been in these uniforms. We could build up a traditional look and not be cheesy and gimmicky. UGA, Bama, UVA, Texas, OU, USC, Nebraska, Arizona, UF, UCLA...they don't mess with their uniforms. They build tradition and keep building on top of it. This kind of mickey mouse stuff is for D-2 schools, idiot barns like Maryland, and Oregon, which prides itself on being weird.

This is such a long time coming and I am fine with two of the three, but certainly not the blobbish one. Not sure why people are so quick to condemn when this is clearly nowhere close to the finished product (or a good picture). Also don't understand the hate for the white helmets. I thought the Texas A&M "Storm Trooper" uniforms were awesome this past year.

I don't really know how we can complain yet about the white helmet The picture is completely washed out and low-res, so of course it looks terrible, the helmet looks like a white glob. As for the gold/white...yuck.

Sort of like our coaching staff, yuck. Our helmets could have tasers on them and it wont help the play calling.

It's obviously not a high quality camera and the manufacturer's stickers are still on them. I'll reserve judgement when they have the WF logos on them.

Matte black with shiny logo = sweetness
Oreong-black-helmet.jpg

Make this logo smaller and its also awesome
boise-state-black-helmet.jpg

It's obviously not a high quality camera and the manufacturer's stickers are still on them. I'll reserve judgement when they have the WF logos on them.

For the win. And great tags, some of you complain about some of the dumbest things. I think it's a good idea to allow our players to have some alternative helmets.

Back