• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New helmets!

if the idea is to create cool helmets for many 18-22 black kids to play football at WAKE, I don't think putting a old white man on the side of their helmet is a good idea.

are we the last school in the ACC that has not gone to a special helmet for certain games? has FSU or Clemson changed theirs ever? BC?
FSU:
mike-olivella-florida-state-university-new-fsu-football-helmet-on-the-field.jpg

BC:
a4tu8b5ciai4_fy.0_standard_730.0.jpg

I don't know of a Clemson one

if the idea is to create cool helmets for many 18-22 black kids to play football at WAKE, I don't think putting a old white man on the side of their helmet is a good idea.

Hahaha.

MAtte Black will be badass...the others are crap. If we start changing out uni i will be irritated. The white helmet and gold helmet are disgraces of the pink uniform level. Unreal...

Are we sure those helmets aren't going to receive more decals? I find it extremely hard to believe that we're trotting out three solid color helmets.

And there's zero chance we wear the gold one as-is. We're pretty Notre Dame these days, but we're not THAT Notre Dame.... are we?

Obviously there are going to be decals added to all 3. Interested to see what the plans are for the ugly fade to white helmets.

As a young person in college, i will say that the kids like multiple unis, helmets, etc. and thats what Wake needs

ok so im going to be in the minority, but leave the helmet. 1 helmet, 1 logo, 1 choice. all these alternates come on and its just gimmicky

ok so im going to be in the minority, but leave the helmet. 1 helmet, 1 logo, 1 choice. all these alternates come on and its just gimmicky

Maybe so, but think of how amped the players got the game we introduced the all black unis, or when we broke out the gold unis for the fresh Deacs.

Maybe so, but think of how amped the players got the game we introduced the all black unis, or when we broke out the gold unis for the fresh Deacs.

a player shouldnt need a uniform change to get amped up. maybe thats some of the problem? #iknowimanoldman #wheresmyoatmeal

a player shouldnt need a uniform change to get amped up. maybe thats some of the problem? #iknowimanoldman #wheresmyoatmeal

Of course you shouldn't "need" the unis, but everyone would rather have them than not have them. What's wrong with that?

College FB is an arms race. LOWF is just trying to keep up, and it's good to see us finally jump on this train.

2nid0ci.jpg

2u78tq0.jpg

e9dh6e.jpg

a2bq8p.jpg

Found these concept helmets and thought they were interesting. By the way I like Wake's regular helmet just fine but I also don't mind seeing things changed up a bit for special games.

And people actually expected our basketball team to win wearing pink jerseys.

Everyone who thinks jerseys dont have some factor are insane.

I know that when I feel like I look good, I perform better in basic functions in life in general. Don't even say you haven't had a spark of confidence whenever you're wearing a good suit or some type of "nice" clothing when you're out in public. Confidence is a good thing, always. And I can't see that being any different for football players.

Obviously its not the biggest factor. But its still a factor.

Look good, feel good.

In the words of the late Prop Joe, "Look the part, be the part, motherfucker."

Back