• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Coach in Football and Basketball (Another TL;DR special from your boy)

The moment Wichita St won the regional final last year Marshall became untouchable to Wake.

2009–2010 Alabama 17–15 6–10 T–4th (West)
2010–2011 Alabama 25–12 12–4 1st (West) NIT Runner–up
2011–2012 Alabama 21–12 9–7 5th NCAA 2nd Round
2012–2013 Alabama 23-13 12-6 T-2nd NIT Quarterfinals

Somehow the above gets you on the hot seat at Alabama, yet the below gets you comfort at fucking Wake Forest

2010–11 Wake Forest 8–24 1–15 12th
2011–12 Wake Forest 13–18 4–12 T-12th
2012–13 Wake Forest 13–18 6–12 T-9th

07-08 Alabama 17-16 (5-11)
08-09 Alabama 17-15 (7-9)

Great point.

I don't know what they were expecting at Alabama but they have been consistently winning in the SEC and getting to post season play. After these past 3 years if someone came here and did that he'd get a full Joel and a "Thank You" Billboard.

All I know is he's not in the coveted ACC, yet he recruits against Kentucky, Florida, and Missou, and he had the #5 recruiting class in 2011....and we have Daniel Green.

Then again our 2012 class was huge and Grant’s was just 5 star recruit devonta pollard (apparently standing trial for his role in a kidnapping his mother orchestrated) who has now withdrawn from school.

Even after all of that he still out recruited us this past year.

Personally I don't care who we get. just not BZZ

Louisiana-Monroe was the nail in the coffin to get Doug Williams fired at Grambling today. Just worth noting.

If Grambling can fire Doug Williams, Grobe can sack Lobo. Or at least get him a cushy job in the football office.

Doug Williams is only 3 years younger than Grobe. Weird, huh? I always forget how old he was in the Super Bowl.

If Grambling can fire Doug Williams, Grobe can sack Lobo. Or at least get him a cushy job in the football office.

This. It's mind blowing that Lobo still has a job. [Redacted] is bad, but he's only been at Wake for three years. Though there is a ton of evidence supporting his incompetence, he has only coached at a high major level for six years. The evidence supporting Lobo's incompetence spans more than a decade!

No to Amaker and Eustachy. Amaker's stints at SH & Michigan were terrible. Eustachy is scum.

I like White the most on your list in terms of attainable guys. Not familiar with the Robert Morris guy. I'd also add Dave Paulsen. The real questions are who is going to be making this hire and when.

LMAO at Chad Morris. The dudes the highest paid assistant in college football at $1.3 million a year at Clemson. When he leaves CU, he's going to be head coach someplace big.

LMAO at Chad Morris. The dudes the highest paid assistant in college football at $1.3 million a year at Clemson. When he leaves CU, he's going to be head coach someplace big.

Ok, so take him off, add someone new. My only criteria is be young an innovative. Who do you suggest? And I don't mean that facetiously, I literally am curious about any prospect coaches I may not be aware of. For me, these little dream hiring exercises for Wake Sports is the only thing that inspires interest from me in our Athletic Department.

Honestly, try and re-watch one of our basketball games from last year. It's not only that were losing, were sloppy and boring as well! It's a really bad product. Likewise goes for our Football team. You guys got me all geared up to watch Wake v BC last friday and it felt like a fucking chore. Un-organized, sloppy, lack of identity, lack of killer instinct. I have to believe that we are more talented than teams like SMU and Marshall, but they are at least entertaining.

In 2006, Jim Grobe won the ACC Championship.

In 2006, Chip Kelly was the OC at New Hampshire.

Let's find the next Chip Kelly.

Ducks Begin Search for New Offensive Coordinator
New Hampshire Coordinator Picked to Head Oregon Offense
EUGENE – Chip Kelly, who has engineered prolific offensive attacks at the University of New Hampshire for the past eight seasons, has been named offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Oregon, according to the Ducks’ head football coach Mike Bellotti.

Kelly replaces Gary Crowton, who resigned last month to assume the offensive coordinator role at Louisiana State.

The 43-year-old Kelly has served as the Wildcats’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach since 1999, where his offenses have averaged better than 400 yards of total offense seven of the last eight years and more than 30 points a game each of the past four seasons. As a result, New Hampshire has had three players receive first-team All-America acclaim each of the last two years.

He was named the College Assistant Coach of the Year by the Gridiron Club of Greater Boston following the 2005 season in addition to selected as “one of college football’s hottest coaches” by American Football Monthly.

Remove Tommy Amaker from the bball list. Report: Harvard basketball under Amaker has below average APR scores for private colleges. Last in the Ivy. Definitely not Wellman culture.

according to The Harvard Crimson and Bloomberg.com, the men’s basketball team received the university’s lowest four-year average score (956) in the NCAA’s academic progress ratings. That score was below the average mark (967) compared to other private schools. The NCAA’s reports were posted in June and consists of a four-span, through the 2011-2012 season

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/14/report-harvard-basketball-has-below-average-apr-scores-for-private-colleges/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Please no on Larry Eustschy. That guy is AWFUL.

I'm all in on Orlando Antigua from Kentucky for basketball.

In football, give me either Stanford's DC Derek Mason or Michigan State's DC Pat Narduzzi.

As long as Wellman is AD, WF will never hire a youngish assistant as head coach. Since the Jim Caldwell failure, every Wellman hire or candidate (Grobe, Rich Brooks, Mackovic, Skip, Bz, Tubby) has been an older established head coach. While I hate that Wellman has limited the scope of his search, look for Wellman to target an older coach that is closer to the end of his coaching career than the beginning.

Do you think Tom Walter represents a change in philosophy or another reason for Wellman to be gun shy?

Back