• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Yeah. Overall, it will be an easier schedule though. I'd love to get Clemson on 9/24 or 10/1 in-between Liberty and Army. Get it over with early and set the tone for the rest of the conference slate.

i have to think that wake and nc state will be the acc favorites

I think it’s possible we have a “better” team next year and end up with a slightly worse record. We got by a few games this year on a very narrow margin and 10-2 was like the best, best case scenario.

like the 2007 team following up the ACC Champs

we'll be picked 4th in the division after Clemson, FSU, and State.

Book it.

Yup - And the usual preseason write-ups from the numbnuts squad will rationalize it because according to their research we lost 124 super seniors from the 2021 roster

We could be picked anywhere from 2nd to 5th and I wouldn't be surprised.

I know we recruit differently and are never going to compete with the big boys, but we do need to parlay our success into more 4 star/top 300 players. We're getting to a point, success-wise, where I'd hope that 1/4 of each class could be 4 stars. We've obviously never been close to that level, but hopefully Clawson and co. start taking more big swings in the near future, along with sticking with #thealgorithm.

We could be picked anywhere from 2nd to 5th and I wouldn't be surprised.

I know we recruit differently and are never going to compete with the big boys, but we do need to parlay our success into more 4 star/top 300 players. We're getting to a point, success-wise, where I'd hope that 1/4 of each class could be 4 stars. We've obviously never been close to that level, but hopefully Clawson and co. start taking more big swings in the near future, along with sticking with #thealgorithm.

The algorithm should help identify those 4 stars with whom Wake recruiting efforts are likely to be successful.

99.9 The Fan in Raleigh is slobbering all over Doeren and the wolpfack already for next season.

TJDK :dancindeac:

99.9 The Fan in Raleigh is slobbering all over Doeren and the wolpfack already for next season.

Isn't it obvious that the logical follow-up to this season is the number one seed in the CFP?

Fullback isn't a position anymore.

Which was, alas, my original point, sort of. We seem to have a RB coming in who runs a little more like a FB, IN MY OPINION.

Maybe, just like Pitt mixed in a toss sweep with a FB, for a 12-yard gain, we have something similar coming in the future. Would like to see that in spots, for short yardage.

I went from very confident we'd follow up this season with 9 or 10 wins, to now looking at our schedule and thinking we'll be 8-4 going into bowl game. Hope I'm wrong and we have another magical season, but 8-4 used to be the pinnacle of Wake football, so I'm glad "I hope I'm wrong" about that.

The key is going 1-1 against Clemson/UNC and winning all of our OOC games. I can see us dropping Clemson, @State, and losing 1 or 2 other close ones. Just hope it's not UNC. Gotta beat those clowns at home next year.

FWIW, we are @ Pitt in 2023. I assume we won't play them again after that till 2050 or so. Thanks, ACC.

We were scheduled to play Miami in 2020 and obviously didn't due to the COVID scheduling. We haven't played them since 2013 and aren't scheduled to play them again.

State has a lot of guys returning and could be very good. But count on them to lose a couple they shouldn't.

I don't think anybody cares enough about State doing it to give it a name.

Back