• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

I don't know why this needed confirming after the ACC Championship game, but Clawson stated definitively today that Sam Hartman is returning next season.

Are people thinking will we be better or worse next season? Tough to find more wins than this season, and it will be tough to score more points. On the other hand, we are returning the bulk of our main contributors and the ACC will have a bunch of new coaches. Our non-conference games are VMI, Vandy, Liberty and Army, which all should be wins.
Wake should immediately buy out the Army game. Go find a low level D1 school in need of a last minute game. Nothing good comes from a service academy game with their style of play & blocking.

I don't know why this needed confirming after the ACC Championship game, but Clawson stated definitively today that Sam Hartman is returning next season.

assuming Howell goes pro:

Hartman needs 47 total TDs to tie Tajh Boyd for the all-time ACC record of 133 (Hartman had 47 this year; the problem is, Malik Cunningham is currently sitting 12 TDs ahead of Hartman)
Hartman needs 4,522 passing yards (347 yards per game over 13 games) to tie Rivers for the all-time passing yard record of 13,484
Hartman needs 3,912 total yards (301 yards per game over 13 games) to tie Rivers for the all-time total yards record of 13,580 (Cunningham also sits ahead of Hartman on this list)

And Nya, Maginn (we knew that I guess), Bothroyd, Coby Davis, Tyler Williams. Excellent to hear. No mention of Tom/Roberson.

And Nya, Maginn (we knew that I guess), Bothroyd, Coby Davis, Tyler Williams. Excellent to hear. No mention of Tom/Roberson.
I'd imagine they're probably waiting on draft grades before deciding what to do but that's a total guess.

Have we heard anything definite on Sciba?

Clawson didn’t mention him coming back in todays interview so I think it’s best to assume he’s gone along with Quari and CBS. If anyone of them three come back they’d have to kick one of 5/6th year guys to the curb which at this point ain’t happening.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...rophy-contenders-2022-college-football-season

Man - ESPN is on some BS.... the following ACC players all listed as Heisman contenders, but no Hartman mentioned:

Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke
NC State QB Devin Leary
Boston College QB Phil Jurkovec
Syracuse RB Sean Tucker
Louisville QB Malik Cunningham
Clemson QB D.J. Uiagalelei
Clemson QB Cade Klubnik

And the writer is based out of Charlotte, WTF

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...rophy-contenders-2022-college-football-season

Man - ESPN is on some BS.... the following ACC players all listed as Heisman contenders, but no Hartman mentioned:

Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke
NC State QB Devin Leary
Syracuse RB Sean Tucker
Clemson QB Cade Klubnik

Listing DJ Uiagalelei as a Heisman contender (along with a different Clemson QB) immediately invalidates the rest of the list anyways

Vegas also has DJU among the top candidates whether we like it or not at 22/1. Hartman is 28/1, pretty solid. Obviously a lot will change (eg Kenneth Walker is listed amongst the favorites even though he will likely go pro)

Clawson didn’t mention him coming back in todays interview so I think it’s best to assume he’s gone along with Quari and CBS. If anyone of them three come back they’d have to kick one of 5/6th year guys to the curb which at this point ain’t happening.

Doesn't have to be a 5/6th year guy. One of the bottom of the depth chart younger guys could be encouraged to move on. We are going to have 6 scholarship QBs next year as things stand right now. 1 or even 2 of those could be looking for an opportunity for more play time. TE room is fairly crowded as well. There are also going to be guys like Amani Marshall that are in their 1st or 2nd year and don't see a path to play time in the near future that may decide a move to the G5 is best for them.

Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke
NC State QB Devin Leary
Syracuse RB Sean Tucker
Clemson QB Cade Klubnik

Doesn't matter. None of these guys are winning the Heisman.

Griffis might be a better runner, but being at the ACCC game he might be the shortest QB I have ever seen in person. Have to think it will be a hard time for him to be passing out of the pocket knowing Sam's recent struggles and he didn't appear close to Sam's height.

You're just young. Wake played Miami when I was in law school and their quarterback was George Mira (Senior). He was listed as 6'0 but seeing him, I don't believe it.

Back