• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Extremely cool to hear those guys are looking to come back for another year. Particularly Sam.

not really surprised at any of the names mentioned. i think more notable are all the guys who haven't been mentioned as returning who still have eligibility for a 5th or 6th year but didn't participate in senior day:

Vilain
Wingfield
J. Nash (believe he'd have an extra year bc of injury)
DJ Taylor
Chase Monroe (believe he'd have two years bc of injury)
Spencer Clapp
Dion Bergan
Jacorey Johns
Zion Keith
Christian Turner
Blake Whiteheart

Senior Day Guys:
CBS
Roberson
Tom
Sciba
Hardimon
Francis

not really surprised at any of the names mentioned. i think more notable are all the guys who haven't been mentioned as returning who still have eligibility for a 5th or 6th year but didn't participate in senior day:

Vilain
Wingfield
J. Nash (believe he'd have an extra year bc of injury)
DJ Taylor
Chase Monroe (believe he'd have two years bc of injury)
Spencer Clapp
Dion Bergan
Jacorey Johns
Zion Keith
Christian Turner
Blake Whiteheart

Senior Day Guys:
CBS
Roberson
Tom
Sciba
Hardimon
Francis

Some of these names don’t need to be included. Off the top of my head, Turner is only a sophomore so there is really no need to mention him returning.

technically turner is going to be going into his 5th year, which is the same as hartman, perry, bothroyd, smenda and greer who clawson mentioned.

i ultimately think you are correct in that among the 5th year guys, he only felt compelled to talk about the guys who might have left early (e.g. hard to imagine whiteheart wouldn't come back for his 5th year)

technically turner is going to be going into his 5th year, which is the same as hartman, perry, bothroyd, smenda and greer who clawson mentioned.

i ultimately think you are correct in that among the 5th year guys, he only felt compelled to talk about the guys who might have left early (e.g. hard to imagine whiteheart wouldn't come back for his 5th year)

Wow. I thought he was much younger than that but the years on the website always screw with me now.

Listing DJ Uiagalelei as a Heisman contender (along with a different Clemson QB) immediately invalidates the rest of the list anyways

100% agree. With this list, you might as well say all returning players are Heisman candidates.

Would agree on Whiteheart. Like what he has shown so far in limited chances and has been under utilized no doubt. And I thought as well that he was a bit younger and more in 3rd year range.

The team was close to attaining the goal of an ACC championship. I'd be surprised if players eligible to return don't return. A pro career is unlikely, so an extra year to compete for a championship with teammates of 4+ years should prove enticing. An additional year of postgraduate education has its benefits in the real world. Get the cigar this time.

I think this is the class breakdown:

Class of 2015
Fully exhausted eligibility - Fox

Class of 2016 (entering 7th year)
Fully exhausted eligibility - Kamara, Redd, Chapman, Masterson, Stewart
1 year remaining - Nash, T. Davis (unlikely)

Class of 2017 (entering 6th year)
Fully exhausted eligibility - Taylor
1 year remaining - CBS, Monroe, Roberson, C. Davis, T. Williams, Tom, Maginn, Nya, Clapp, Wingfield, Vilain

Class of 2018 (entering 5th year)
1 year remaining - Smenda, Greer, Sciba
2 years remaining - Hartman, Jurgens, Gordon, Johns, Bothroyd, Francis, Perry, Whiteheart, Keith, Bergan, Turner

Last edited:
I thought Terance Davis had been medically disqualified earlier in the season. He has been injured his whole career, both at Maryland and Wake. He's at the top of my "thank you for being here, but it's time for you to move on" list.

I also think he has decided to hang them up. Was just focusing on eligibility used / left.

I thought Terance Davis had been medically disqualified earlier in the season. He has been injured his whole career, both at Maryland and Wake. He's at the top of my "thank you for being here, but it's time for you to move on" list.

You should send him an email.

I think this is the class breakdown:

Class of 2015
Fully exhausted eligibility - Fox

Class of 2016 (entering 7th year)
Fully exhausted eligibility - Kamara, Redd, Chapman, Masterson, Stewart
1 year remaining - Nash, T. Davis (unlikely)

Class of 2017 (entering 6th year)
Fully exhausted eligibility - Taylor
1 year remaining - CBS, Monroe, Roberson, C. Davis, T. Williams, Tom, Maginn, Nya, Clapp, Wingfield, Vilain

Class of 2018 (entering 5th year)
1 year remaining - Smenda
2 years remaining - Hartman, Jurgens, Gordon, Johns, Greer, Bothroyd, Francis, Perry, Whiteheart, Keith, Bergan, Sciba, Turner

from my understanding the only possible edits might be:

+monroe should have 2 years of eligibility because of his injury this year
+greer and sciba only have 1 year left since neither redshirted

fyi, here's the clawson show where he discusses some of this stuff:

Good edits. I missed the redshirts in 2018. Monroe is a big question, but I guess you're right that he would have 2 years. Interesting to see his desire to continue his career with all the injuries he's had.

One question Sciba has to answer for himself is where he wants to finish on the list of NCAA all time FG kicks made. He currently is T 24 with 77 makes. Record is 96. Bottom of top 10 is 81.

I don’t want this to come across as negative, but what are Sciba’s NFL chances right now?

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a phenomenal kicker, but I’m not sure we’ve seen enough of him from distance to think he has a legit NFL shot. At least right now.

Hope he comes back for another run.

Back