• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Don’t sleep on Towns next season, and I’ve got a feeling Claiborne will be a stud. He could also get moved to the slot

Fair point. I should say elite like a kwiii, colburn, carney, etc. cbs doesn’t have the explosive factor as well as slow to hole often or just outright not hitting it. I think Cooley shows that burst and quickness to hit the holes and even create where not always a big hole.

I agree with this. CBS might be one of the most complete backs we’ve had. Just lacks that burst and breakaway speed. He’s not a home run threat.

We miss him most on special teams. He’s an elite special teams player.

If he would come back and play defense (I doubt it), I wonder if he could be a legit NFL prospect at LB? Would really help fill a need.

When does the second coming of Carney start?

yep while making us one dimensional by shutting down the rushing attack.

i know this has been an unpopular opinion but imo we have three below average running backs, not three good ones.

Shouldn't be unpopular. Our top RB averaged less than 4 YPC in conference games this year.

When the best thing that can be said about your RB is that he blocks well, or is great on special teams, that's coded language for "average at best."

Let's not forget this year yet, get your Gator tickets. Go Deacs.

CBS is a football player. Maybe he should play d next year and see what happens. He is not a great running back, but one hell of an all a round player.

I got to be honest the only player that consistently bothers me on offense and defense is Zion Keith. His name has been called for bad things ever since the UNC game giving up a bad td to Green with no effort, that ridiculous personal foul that cost us the game on 3rd and 17. Multiple holds last night covering Addison. He’s not the answer there.

Shouldn't be unpopular. Our top RB averaged less than 4 YPC in conference games this year.

When the best thing that can be said about your RB is that he blocks well, or is great on special teams, that's coded language for "average at best."

"She has a great personality"

agree with pretty much everyone — was telling that cooley was brought in during the 2nd half. feels like our guys consistently pick the wrong holes. doesn’t seem like a schematic issue since we’ve seen walker (would say colburn as well) do much better. i do think CBS is a nice overall player. if he returns my hot take was to try and convert him to defense a la chuck wade.

I’d love to try CBS out at rover. I think he would be pretty damn good given how he’s played on STs.

WF must start recruiting at a higher level for both lines. While it’s great that the RPO has balanced the scales somewhat, WF must win a really big recruit or two, or three or four for the lines. Good to great includes recruiting at a great level too. Otherwise, we ultimately risk going the way of Duke and Northwestern, or the end of the Grobe years.

WF must start recruiting at a higher level for both lines. While it’s great that the RPO has balanced the scales somewhat, WF must win a really big recruit or two, or three or four for the lines. Good to great includes recruiting at a great level too. Otherwise, we ultimately risk going the way of Duke and Northwestern, or the end of the Grobe years.

Luke Petitbon is a start in that direction. One of the higher rated interior line recruits at Wake.

Luke Petitbon is a start in that direction. One of the higher rated interior line recruits at Wake.

Right on. I think the young guys on the two deep OLine are going to develop into the best line Clawson has ever had. So much size, strength and potential

Probably not unreasonable to expect a few impact transfers for next year as well - hopefully on defense

I got to be honest the only player that consistently bothers me on offense and defense is Zion Keith. His name has been called for bad things ever since the UNC game giving up a bad td to Green with no effort, that ridiculous personal foul that cost us the game on 3rd and 17. Multiple holds last night covering Addison. He’s not the answer there.
Truth

I really like Cooley. I think that guy is perfect for this offense. He reminds me of Carney, but with maybe more upside. I sometimes think Wake uses too many RBs. Pick someone and let them get in a rhythm or flow of the game.

I agree. Obviously that was an issue last season.

he's the most frustrating player on defense but at the same time he was never supposed to be the answer. i think the bigger miscalculation was expecting coby davis and nasir greer to stay healthy enough to contribute. but agree he's one of several guys who ideally should not be on the field outside of ST. would put dj taylor and probably nick andersen in that same group.

Back