• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next year’s football team

Sam's draft stock is at an all time low at the moment. Scouts will point to the Pitt game and the Wisconsin game as showing that when makes mistakes his decision making snowballs and he continues to make more and more mistakes. You absolutely cannot have that happen if you want to play on Sundays. If Sam were to declare for the draft right now it would be a worse decision than Newman declaring.

Like that guy for the Jets.

I really like Cooley. I think that guy is perfect for this offense. He reminds me of Carney, but with maybe more upside. I sometimes think Wake uses too many RBs. Pick someone and let them get in a rhythm or flow of the game.

Given how many plays we run, I am not sure that rotating running backs is such a bad thing. At least maybe not as big an issue as with a more traditional offense. If we have someone that is superior, ride them with breaks to keep them fresh.

Any chance that Roberson would transfer to a bigger program? It doesn't seem like he has much hope of being drafted and our WR room is going to be crowded next season. He certainly wouldn't lose his starting spot, but he might see less targets.

I can't wait to know who is and isn't coming back next year, but I imagine we won't have a great idea until Feb

I think Roberson has been hurt for since the state game. He has had no explosion whatsoever. I appreciate his willingness to gut it out. I hope he gets healed before the Gator Bowl.

I think Roberson has been hurt for since the state game. He has had no explosion whatsoever. I appreciate his willingness to gut it out. I hope he gets healed before the Gator Bowl.

100%. That has had big time impact on the offense. Credit to JR for gutting it out, but he’s clearly limited.

100%. That has had big time impact on the offense. Credit to JR for gutting it out, but he’s clearly limited.

The WWE level body slam after his first catch didn't help. DB#14 for Pitt did that and also applied the "Calvin Johnson defense" on what should have been a TD to Perry.

Any chance that Roberson would transfer to a bigger program? It doesn't seem like he has much hope of being drafted and our WR room is going to be crowded next season. He certainly wouldn't lose his starting spot, but he might see less targets.

Was discussing this earlier today with a friend. That would be a nightmare scenario in my opinion. Negative recruiting for days that you can’t get drafted here.

Was discussing this earlier today with a friend. That would be a nightmare scenario in my opinion. Negative recruiting for days that you can’t get drafted here.

So like Newman leaving before last year and Walker leaving before this year?

The WWE level body slam after his first catch didn't help. DB#14 for Pitt did that and also applied the "Calvin Johnson defense" on what should have been a TD to Perry.
That tackle was on Morin, not Roberson. And Morin popped right up and gave the first down motion.

RB like Walker I can see wr no way. If AT has another year next year close to this one he is going to go high.

So like Newman leaving before last year and Walker leaving before this year?

I can understand a RB wanting to be a feature back. I can understand a QB wanting a more traditional Offense. A WR who’s getting a billion targets and putting up 1,000 yard seasons however…

That tackle was on Morin, not Roberson. And Morin popped right up and gave the first down motion.

When he should have been in the end zone celebrating a touchdown except for the DPI.

They should have tossed that jackass for the pre-meditated wind up of that. If Morin does not "pop up" and instead has a separated shoulder or concussion, is it still just a personal foul "15 yards?"

Would we just "accept that" since we are such Pro Humanitate "gentlemen?"

RB depth NY:

Top 3:
Cooley - solid
Ellison - solid
Turner - solid, but pass protection seems iffy

4-6
New guy who is redshirting - Towns a 3* from NJ. How fast?
New TR FR - Claiborne a 3* from VA. How fast?
New TR FR - Carney a 3* from Mocksville, NC. Assume he is not fast but has a nose for the end zone. A possible FB? I mean one toss sweep per game out of the "I" would not hurt my feelings.

Is that it?

Curious what we know about 4-6.

When he should have been in the end zone celebrating a touchdown except for the DPI.
I think you're referring to a different play. Pretty sure the WWE tackle was on an out route or come back route. Morin def got tackled/tripped up on a different drop route that he would have scored on.

RB depth NY:

Top 3:
Cooley - solid
Ellison - solid

4-6
New TR FR - Carney a 3* from Mocksville, NC. Assume he is not fast but has a nose for the end zone. A possible FB? I mean one toss sweep per game out of the "I" would not hurt my feelings.

Is that it?

Racist much?

Claiborne is track star fast, btw.

RB depth NY:

Top 3:
Cooley - solid
Ellison - solid

4-6

Is that it?

Is CBS not coming back, he's listed as a RS Junior?

Back