• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Yeah receiver is interesting with the following players eligible to come back:

Banks
Key
Morin
Alexander
Fields
Morrill
Greene

Plus, WF's top rated 2024 recruit is a receiver too: Jeremiah Melvin. Also, know that the staff loves the other WR recruit, Ben Grice.

Don't forget Micah Mays- a big time recruit- unless he's portaling too?

That one hurts. Interesting that he has only two years of eligibility left. Usually WF is very careful about not wasting a year. In 2022, Grimes played in 7 games, but only recorded a stat in 4. So, that counts as year of eligibility.

Yeah that is interesting- gotta believe we knew from the get go he was going to re-assess options after 2 years so might as well play him as True Freshman.

Agree with others that the Grimes situation depends entirely on who else comes back and how the other guys are progressing. Sucks to lose a high upside guy though. Greene will be a really interesting case. Has he done enough to give the NFL a shot or get a $$$ offer from a big time program? He’s got the talent and measurables but has just played so little.

Grimes is going to be a stud, that is a huge bummer.

I wonder if these transfer numbers have improved since this article last year.

Agree with others that the Grimes situation depends entirely on who else comes back and how the other guys are progressing. Sucks to lose a high upside guy though. Greene will be a really interesting case. Has he done enough to give the NFL a shot or get a $$$ offer from a big time program? He’s got the talent and measurables but has just played so little.

This is definitely glass half full thinking but if Donavon wanted to explore Portal/NIL or NFL waters- wouldn't he have moved on last year? He had a good year in 2022 and it would have been 4 years in the program with 2 more years of eligibility remaining if he wanted to go to bigger program. Also- I'm sure he knew that the offensive protection would take step back in 2023 without Hartman so in a way- stock wasn't going to be higher. I gotta believe we threw him some NIL dollars to come back and then of course he got hurt again.

Grimes was a disappointment this year. Although, may be because of less than stellar coaching from our new WR coach, who we hired from a school that runs the triple option. Remains a curious decision to me.

Back