• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

My mistake. Neighboring state. Rightfully corrected. (Vermont State does have a FB team.)

I still don't want a QB. He wants one for cover. "We just didn't have a good QB on the roster."

BS

A QB playing at a much lower level? After the fiasco with Griffis whom Clawson religiously defended when all of you have, in unison, said he belongs at somewhere like....New Hampshire.

Great logic.

Get linemen and the skill positions will flourish.

I'd watch a documentary on this post. It's super-weird, yet oddly compelling. Sort of like a Beastie Boys music video.

I disagree with the QB part, though.

Getting a player from FCS and believing Griffis can only succeed at FCS are two totally different things. Floors vs. ceilings, and that whole "you can't buy height" concept as well.

But yes we should also target trench guys.
I agree but we're dealing with Clawson making the decisions and his track record condemns him.

If Clawson really believed in "tall and big QB is better", he'd have developed Kern who had the far better stats coming into Wake verses the other 2 guys, and that playing at the 7A level in Fla, versus in rural VA. And did you note his runs vs Syracuse. We haven't had that since Newman.

Clawson wouldn't have let Edwards walk. Edwards had 3 TDs rushing vs Michigan. He was put in the game 3:times when Maryland got the ball inside the 5 and he ran for 3 TDs straight. MICHIGAN couldn't stop him! Think about that. What did we give up in letting him walk? As I said earlier if Clawson had the "competition at QB until the first game" policy then, Edwards would have won the position and stayed.

What do you disagree with in his post?
I don't essentially disagree with the last post, but there is quality to be found at the FCS level, a la Roberts. The fact that we offered is a very good sign. Still believe Claw is a "systems first" kind of guy, but if the stable is just 6'1"+ QBs I'm OK with that mentality

I agree but we're dealing with Clawson making the decisions and his track record condemns him.

If Clawson really believed in "tall and big QB is better", he'd have developed Kern who had the far better stats coming into Wake verses the other 2 guys, and that playing at the 7A level in Fla, versus in rural VA. And did you note his runs vs Syracuse. We haven't had that since Newman.

Clawson wouldn't have let Edwards walk. Edwards had 3 TDs rushing vs Michigan. He was put in the game 3:times when Maryland got the ball inside the 5 and he ran for 3 TDs straight. MICHIGAN couldn't stop him! Think about that. What did we give up in letting him walk? As I said earlier if Clawson had the "competition at QB until the first game" policy then, Edwards would have won the position and stayed.
To be fair, Michigan plays in the Big 10 which is bad at football! Not impressed!

we are up to 15 confirmed departures based on my count.

we need another 14 if we want 10 incoming transfers.

we are up to 15 confirmed departures based on my count.

we need another 14 if we want 10 incoming transfers.
I have no inside knowledge but I bet we end up with like 6 transfers incoming and have 10 guys leave - QB, 2 linemen, one LB and 2 DB’s

People consider towns past Dulles to be suburbs?

He gone. Good for him.
We’ve always known this, right? Of all the guys on the team, his draft stock is the highest and we never should’ve counted on him coming back because it’s been clear for a while that he’s going to the league.

Because he had an utter donk throwing him the ball for most of the season. Looked good with Kern.

Gotta think this one is on Clawson and the painfully slow decision to bench Griffis...
Hold up I thought we were a part of the

KERN

DONK

GANG

so is a donk a good or bad thing?

Well, first and foremost, Ashburn isn't "rural VA". It's a DC suburb.
I was born in Arlington and lived briefly in Falls Church. I know the area has changed greatly but I guess I still wouldn't put Ashburn in the heart of DC Metro.

Griffis had good stats but his high school was 4C compared to Kern's 7A. His h.s. had approx 1500 students, whereas Kerns was approx 4000.

We’ve always known this, right? Of all the guys on the team, his draft stock is the highest and we never should’ve counted on him coming back because it’s been clear for a while that he’s going to the league.
Commentators mention he's a draft prospect but do we know how high of a prospect he is? I don't think it was a done deal he was leaving to be a Day 3 pick or UFA.

Back