• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Well Awakegirlbro went to Holy Cross but didn’t have nearly the scouting report my kids did. “Seems pretty good. Never watched a game.”

Ha! Sorry! It was a weirdly worded twitter post so it threw me!
It's not like you can tell guys not to announce they're going to the NFL -- they've got a message, they get social media interaction, etc.

But I wish they'd work in there, "After using all of my eligibility ..." just so your initial reaction isn't, "Shit, I didn't even know he had a choice."

The fact that several of these guys (ones that could earn real NIL money somewhere) are confidently announcing that they’re coming back to Wake next year almost certainly means that Wake has stepped up in the NIL game.

Hopefully it’s being done in a sustainable way

It's not like you can tell guys not to announce they're going to the NFL -- they've got a message, they get social media interaction, etc.

But I wish they'd work in there, "After using all of my eligibility ..." just so your initial reaction isn't, "Shit, I didn't even know he had a choice."
Agreed!

@CONeill many on the board thought Sluka may have been a better fit for the offense than Brosmer, do you have any thoughts on why Brosmer got an offer?

Any of our guys trying to use the portal as leverage to get more NIL from Wake? Not sure how that would be looked upon by the staff and the collective...

are the players obligated to make the "i'm coming back" posts based on their RTQ agreements?

also has there been any news on chase jones? he wasn't mentioned in the RTQ post.

Well Awakegirlbro went to Holy Cross but didn’t have nearly the scouting report my kids did. “Seems pretty good. Never watched a game.”

What did you kids say? They were right about Kern.

Any of our guys trying to use the portal as leverage to get more NIL from Wake? Not sure how that would be looked upon by the staff and the collective...

I'd expect that to be the new normal. Gotta set the market.

Back