• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Obviously, the Russians are trolling easily manipulated, uneducated Cowboys fans with misinformation.

I don't like the "handsiness" both sides employ nowadays. Old man rant: back in my day, neither side could initiate contact with the other. the receiver ran his route, and the defender followed. and the defender had to turn his head to play the ball. now there is so much pawing at each other, it usually allows PI by the defense. /rant

What made this call bad was it stood apart from what they currently allow. You can't not call stuff like this all game/season, and then call it in the 4th Q. Gotta be consistent.

I'm all for letting WRs and CBs get away with a little handplay. After watching replay a couple of times, I'd probably have let that go. That said, when you extend your arm to a full arm's length, that's when the refs tend to call OPI. And he extended a full arms length to the point where Ramsey snapped back a bit. As he gets more experience, he'll learn to be more subtle.

Really impressed with the Saints yesterday. Obviously didn't see the game, but I had been thinking Zona was a team on the rise after pillaging BOB to get Hopkins and having a good draft. It's not Gase's fault they let Robby Anderson walk, had to trade an unhappy Adams and saw Mosley opt out. But he'll probably get the boot at the end of the season because that team has absolutely no one an opponent has to game plan for. And obviously happy with my Ravens, but let's see if they and the Saints can do something in the post-season this time.

Brady with a tough opponent for his opening game with the Bucs. Didn't go well. On the other hand, Bellichick with Cam at QB wins.

In the battle of coach vs QB, its Bellichick 1, Brady 0 in round 1.

How about the 'stache' completing 19 of 20 passes and 3 TDs upsetting the Colts? (BTW, that upset took me out of my survivor pool). Minshew has some game.

Brady with a tough opponent for his opening game with the Bucs. Didn't go well. On the other hand, Bellichick with Cam at QB wins.

In the battle of coach vs QB, its Bellichick 1, Brady 0 in round 1.

I wouldn't start counting any chickens yet. Brady threw 2-3 questionable passes, but the Saints are probably the best NFC team, and that was a great game for 3 quarters. Until the long pass to Cook and the resulting score, the game could have gone either way. I definitely see Tampa as a playoff team this year. The offense will gel with time, and their D is already pretty darn good. And while I'm rooting for Cam to do well, he didn't have to do much against a mediocre at best Miami team. Fitz wasn't magic yesterday. And remember that Van Noy, Collins and Shelton left in free agency and that Hightower and Chung opted out. The sports media this a.m. appeared ready to appoint them the AFCE winner, but I'd pump the brakes on that until we see them play a couple of good teams. I'd still favor Buffalo to take the division.

How about the 'stache' completing 19 of 20 passes and 3 TDs upsetting the Colts? (BTW, that upset took me out of my survivor pool). Minshew has some game.

Bold choice....division road favorite with Phillip Rivers involved (and sadly, I'm sort of a Colts fan as my preferred AFC team). That game had "we'll find a way to lose" written all over it for the Colts and Rivers, unfortunately.

Fowler and Herbstreit should take over MNF permanently. Up their contracts, whatever. Get it done.

Essang Bassey (Broncos #34) gets a mention for coming into the game for an injured starter and giving up a short completion for former Clemson slot WR Adam Humphries.

Got another mention for a nice solo tackle of Derrick Henry followed up by possibly another tackle on the next play.

Last edited:
NFL Year 2020. Actual Games being played. Week 1. Mostly without Fans in the Stands.

Essang Bassey (Broncos #34) gets a mention for coming into the game for an injured starter and giving up a short completion for former Clemson slot WR Adam Humphries.

Just had a nice hit on Henry though right when he was about to turn it on. Announcers even gave Wake a shout out.

And now they’re back to calling him out for not being able to cover Humphries...

Last edited:
He just tackled Henry again.

So we learned that preseason games are unnecessary.

Maybe for the players. The officials need preseason games. Maybe announcers too. It's pretty obvious why a coach is challenging a call to get 3 yards in 4 down territory against a shaky kicker. Forcing Gostkowski to kick a 48 yarder instead of a 45 yarder could be huge.

Last edited:
Back