• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Bucs sign Brady through 2022.

NFL Superbowl LV: Brady, Buccaneers Champs!

Two more. 2022 season. Feb 2023 Super Bowl.

I was hoping he’d go on a Tour of Champions, bouncing around from city to city to spread Super Bowl cheer.

And when he drunkenly throws the Lombardi Trophy from boat to boat in each city’s body of water, he morphs on to the next city, Quantum Leap-style.

I mean, it’s as realistic as a guy his age still playing like he does. And at least it would get him out of the division.

Taysom Hill signs a 4 year, $130M extension but it’s some weird cap management deal where everything can be voided.

by definition, how does one legally tamper?

One waits until today to begin discussions, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.

Pats sign Judon for an average of $14mil per. That'll net my Ravens a 3rd round comp. Ngakoue will get similar money and a 3rd round comp, which will go along with getting another one for Houston signing Culley. DeCosta is maximizing his comp picks like Ozzie used to.

I would call it free agent discussion days. Can't officially sign anything, but talk all you want, now without having to do it under the cone of silence.

St Patrick's Day, March 17, 2021 4 PM marks the start of a new NFL league year. I think this thread should close then, and a new one started.

Anybody care to take this, please, be my guest.

as underwhelming as the Dalton signing is, it's nearly impossible to be competitive in the hard cap NFL if you have to give up a ton of assets to pay a top QB a ton of money

Wilson and Watson may be good enough to overcome that, but the Bears have already dealt with the lack of young, cheap talent they didn't have access to because of the picks they gave up to get Khalil Mack

the math just doesn't work given the economics of the NFL

if this is the guy for a year or two while they develop a late first round draft pick QB then I think it's the better move as it doesn't handicap the rest of the roster around an elite QB (i.e. be the Texans)

as underwhelming as the Dalton signing is, it's nearly impossible to be competitive in the hard cap NFL if you have to give up a ton of assets to pay a top QB a ton of money

Wilson and Watson may be good enough to overcome that, but the Bears have already dealt with the lack of young, cheap talent they didn't have access to because of the picks they gave up to get Khalil Mack

the math just doesn't work given the economics of the NFL

if this is the guy for a year or two while they develop a late first round draft pick QB then I think it's the better move as it doesn't handicap the rest of the roster around an elite QB (i.e. be the Texans)

The problem at pick 20 is all 5 1st round QBs are going to be gone. If they make it out of the top 10, they ain't making it past NE or WFT. I think you have to move up to get 1.

The problem at pick 20 is all 5 1st round QBs are going to be gone. If they make it out of the top 10, they ain't making it past NE or WFT. I think you have to move up to get 1.

yeah, you still have to pay up to go that route too, but you don't have to spend as much draft capital or cap space along the way -- flip side is it's much less likely to get you a good QB

or just drafting JAMIE NEWMAN in the fifth round and let him cook

yeah, you still have to pay up to go that route too, but you don't have to spend as much draft capital or cap space along the way -- flip side is it's much less likely to get you a good QB

or just drafting JAMIE NEWMAN in the fifth round and let him cook

Maybe Mond in the 2nd or Mills in the 3rd. Dalton is a semi-capable placeholder, but I think it means Chicago no longer thinks it possible to get Wilson or Watson. I'd say it's 80% likely Pace and Nagy are gone after this year, and if I were a Bears fan, I'd be more than fine with both being gone.

report is that the Bears offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick and two starters for Wilson

giving up all that to pay a guy $32+ million a year is not how you compete in the NFL with any sustainability

Holy shit. To pay a 32 year old $32+ million at that. This is a team that went 8-8 with shit QB play. Don't sell the farm. Keep it going.

Back