• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

maybe it makes sense if you're in a position like Broncos with an elite D when they went after Peyton, but the Bears just don't have a good OL and the D is trending down (both much due to the picks they gave up in the Trubisky and Mack trades)

but it was a desperate move by a GM who got himself into this situation with his own incompetence

if that report is true, surprised the Seahawks said no

Yeah. They’ve already poured plenty of picks into the QB position with little to show for it. A massive trade like that just compounds the mistake.

They should have just signed Trubisky to a prove it deal. He’s 26 and still has an above average ceiling.

last year was the prove-it year

at this point, it's a PR decision to move on from him, not a football decision

Signing Andy Dalton isn't a "PR decision." I rag on Tribusky as much as anybody else, but I'd take him with a manageable contract over Dalton or losing 3 1st rounders, a 3rd, and players.

maybe it makes sense if you're in a position like Broncos with an elite D when they went after Peyton, but the Bears just don't have a good OL and the D is trending down (both much due to the picks they gave up in the Trubisky and Mack trades)

but it was a desperate move by a GM who got himself into this situation with his own incompetence

if that report is true, surprised the Seahawks said no

Pete Carroll is 70. He probably doesn't have a rebuild left in his career.

Signing Andy Dalton isn't a "PR decision." I rag on Tribusky as much as anybody else, but I'd take him with a manageable contract over Dalton or losing 3 1st rounders, a 3rd, and players.

yeah but you also don't live in chicago

everybody hates Trubisky -- it's emotional, not logical; that was my whole point

yeah but you also don't live in chicago

everybody hates Trubisky -- it's emotional, not logical; that was my whole point

As a fallback was hoping for Fitz or even Tyrod to go with someone young in the 2nd or 3rd round to sit for a year. Dalton is super meh, because if they thought he was a legit option, they could have signed him last year for nothing instead of trading for Foles and paying him $12 million. From a fan standpoint, would have just stuck with Foles and rode it out - but after the restructuring of Mack, Whitehair and Jackson to help with 2021 and make 2022 untenable, Pace/Nagy had to do something this year.

The next regime is going to be in a super shit situation.

yeah, I likewise wanted Fitz as the short term mentor and agree with you that they fucked it up last year

that said, the Dalton decision is still better than the reported trade package for Wilson

I also think Foles is just straight trash and Dalton is a significant upgrade, but like from tier 6 to tier 4

yeah, I likewise wanted Fitz as the short term mentor and agree with you that they fucked it up last year

that said, the Dalton decision is still better than the reported trade package for Wilson

I also think Foles is just straight trash and Dalton is a significant upgrade, but like from tier 6 to tier 4

If I was forced to have Pace drafting, I would be fine with all those picks being sent away. He hit on 1 out of 4 of his 1st rounders. Well, maybe 2 if you want to give Leonard Floyd a hit.

report is that the Bears offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick and two starters for Wilson

giving up all that to pay a guy $32+ million a year is not how you compete in the NFL with any sustainability

There are reasons the Bears are noncompetitive and this is one of them. Management seldom has a clue. One mistake is rarely sufficient, they insist on compounding them. So bad for so long I gave up on NFL football.

There are reasons the Bears are noncompetitive and this is one of them. Management seldom has a clue. One mistake is rarely sufficient, they insist on compounding them. So bad for so long I gave up on NFL football.

They're just flailing and going with whatever Waddle and Silvy or whatever some dumbass Chicago radio guy or Bears twitter says.

They're just flailing and going with whatever Waddle and Silvy or whatever some dumbass Chicago radio guy or Bears twitter says.

First off Waddle and Silvy are the phenomenal #silvystrong. 2nd, they have been highly critical of the front office and coaching. If they had listened to them, pace and nagy would be gone. Ted Phillips would no longer be President of football operations. The McCaskeys wouldnt own the team. Dalton would most certainly not have been signed.

First off Waddle and Silvy are the phenomenal #silvystrong. 2nd, they have been highly critical of the front office and coaching. If they had listened to them, pace and nagy would be gone. Ted Phillips would no longer be President of football operations. The McCaskeys wouldnt own the team. Dalton would most certainly not have been signed.

Waddle and Silvy on the days after the Bears lose is quality radio.

blows my mind that anyone listens to sports radio, but yeah, the McCaskeys are awful and should probably be the reason I stop following the Bears and the NFL

Ewwxj4UWEAkrAn5

Patrick Surtain measured at 6-2, 208 with a 39” vertical and 4.4 forty. Okay then.

Back