• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

I liked it.

I thought the stage was a cool setup and elaborate instead of wheeling something out to the middle of the field. I thought every song choice worked and flowed. I got a little dizzy when he was spinning around in the gold room but liked all of it.

Agreed. I thought the funhouse maze set up inside the stage was unique.

Production was fine, maybe even good, but I only recognized two songs and the stuff I didn’t know felt pretty generic

I’m not anti-pop music, but not much about The Weeknd is terribly noteworthy to me beyond the explicitness of his lyrics

To me that’s not liking the artist as opposed to not liking the show.

I liked that it was a popular relatively new current artist singing current hit songs. That was a nice change. It wasn’t an old act or awkward collaboration. I definitely liked the staging with the robot gospel singer set up going to the maze and then going to the field. It was a nice departure from a stage and a bunch of scantly clad dancers or kids or random fans or whatever.

Got dizzy and had to look away, felt like a bad house of mirrors, every song sounded like the one before it, no band to even fake like they were playing, thought it was going to be Lenny Kravitz from the intro and disappointed from the start, most exciting thing was the fireworks, why were all those bros recovering from plastic surgery and field dressed head injuries, no hotties

LOL. So basically everything I liked.

I get sad watching you all turn into crotchety old men. I don’t know all the hot acts today but I also know it’s not my time. I’m glad this one was more for younger people.

- I thought he was pretty boring as an entertainer. Other than when he was in the hall of mirrors, he basically just walked around and sang. And whatever the jock strap people were doing didn't really help.
- He doesn't have the song catalog to carry it by himself. Stars much bigger than him and shared the stage or brought in featuring acts in previous halftime acts. If Weeknd is the headliner, definitely needed somebody else to jump in and sing one of their songs.
- Just didn't have much excitement. In his defense, Covid kept him from having the standard mosh pit of teenage girls run in to surround the stage that you normal get for SB halftime show.

Maybe worst superbowl in recent history. Between KC with no Oline and the referees taking any chance away. And the constant Brady worship for the next week. Ugh

Denver-Seattle gets my vote for shittiest recent Super Bowl.

At least Denver-Seattle and tonight had one team show up and look like they deserved to be the champion. NE-Rams from a couple years ago both teams looked terrible the entire game. Although I guess that made it more competitive. So may depend on how you weight quality of play vs competitiveness of the game.

EtrM1-HXUAAFCMo

The streaker pulled off a sick spin move to get close to the endzone, but you simply cannot slide feet first there. Ya gotta dive to get the imaginary tuddy!

Rodgers’ MVP win must feel somewhat empty tonight.

Holly Rowe's Twitter handle is @sportsiren. Love it.

Got dizzy and had to look away, felt like a bad house of mirrors, every song sounded like the one before it, no band to even fake like they were playing, thought it was going to be Lenny Kravitz from the intro and disappointed from the start, most exciting thing was the fireworks, why were all those bros recovering from plastic surgery and field dressed head injuries, no hotties

Perhaps Up With People would be more your speed

Hard to believe Brady and the Bucs got it done. Never would of thought they’d get close back in November.

Hard to believe Brady and the Bucs got it done. Never would of thought they’d get close back in November.

Apparently the way to win the Super Bowl is to build a good defense over several years and bring in the best QB, TE, and WR of the previous decade and let them figure it out over a few months.

I feel like Brady's celebrity makes it easier on everyone else, as he gets all the attention, people like Antonio Brown can just play football and not be the story he would be playing anywhere else.

I feel like Brady's celebrity makes it easier on everyone else, as he gets all the attention, people like Antonio Brown can just play football and not be the story he would be playing anywhere else.

That's a really good point. Brady and Arians do a good job of soaking everything up.

Pretty crazy how far we've come. There was a legit argument if Brady or Belichick would be better off this season. There was a legit argument this season wouldn't happen or at least the Super Bowl would be pushed back.

Dude halftime show fucking sucked. I liked the weekends songs, but damn that’s some JV covid ass shit we just watched. That’s what I expect outta of WNBA halftime.

Also the fucking streaker tonight not being fully nude is the perfect personification of the pussification of America

Realize that most of the people shitting on the halftime entertainment find soccer entertaining to watch

This is a bullshit take. Most the people who liked the halftime show fuck with socks on, looking at you bro.

I didn’t really so many people were into the same old basic cliche halftime show.

Back