• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

I didn’t really so many people were into the same old basic cliche halftime show.

I liked last year's show too. But I don't rely on the Super Bowl Halftime Show for titillation.

Does Josh Rosen get a ring? He was on the Bucs practice squad until Christmas and then got signed to the 49ers. Would you give up a Super Bowl Ring to be the 3rd quarterback on a depth chart?

TIL josh rosen posts on our board, because literally the only person that could POSSIBLY be interested in the answer to that question is Josh Rosen.

The halftime wasn’t great and I like The Weeknd. He rushed through the songs trying to cram like 8-9 songs in. He should have made some hard cuts and done like 5 songs but let them breathe. Also thought the sound wasn’t good and the inside segment was super disorienting.

NFL Superbowl LV: Brady, Buccaneers Champs!

You've shat on football for like 4 years already, make an MDMH like stand already

Eh, I’m not there yet. I like the option of caring about the NFL, but man is it hard to watch at times. Not just the sport, but also its production. I don’t know if it’s the fuckery of the last year in this country, but I’m finding it much harder to deal with media that is produced for lame, dumb people.

The halftime wasn’t great and I like The Weeknd. He rushed through the songs trying to cram like 8-9 songs in. He should have made some hard cuts and done like 5 songs but let them breathe. Also thought the sound wasn’t good and the inside segment was super disorienting.

Ha if you had asked me how many songs he performed I would have said 4 or 5. No way would I have thought 8-9, it all pretty much sounded the same. The last one with the tighty whitey hats sounded like Flock of Seagulls so I thought the purpose was some sort of Covid mask / strange haircut homage. I actually did like the spinning around in the gold room, that was pretty cool. Like riding a tilt-a-whirl inside Fort Knox.

The highlight of the Super Bowl was the return of Dr. Galakawicz. It was worth the shitty game just for that. And, of course, further cementing ELIte's legacy.

Classic devastating gambling night. Chiefs -3 was just dumb, but a few prop bet losses will haunt me. Tyreke Hill over 5.5 yards rushing - he finished at 5 and stepped out of bounds early on his only carry early in the 1st Q. Honey Badger over 4.5 tackles - he finished with 4, and was in on a few other assists that were not credited (score keeper's judgement call). No 2 PT conversion attempt. If the chiefs score a TD at all in the 2nd half (how many drives inside the Bucs 30?) they would have definitely gone for 2. Brady over .5 rushing yards. This one may have been undone by the -2 yards of kneeling, but the Bucs had 4 or 5 3rd/4ths and 1 or less. The best QB sneaker of all time did not sneak once.

The Prince halftime show was epic, and I wasn't even that big a Prince fan. I guess they told him it was going to be raining before the game expecting him to be upset, and his response was "can we make it rain harder"? Purple Rain in the rain is tough to top.

This game was one more that makes the question, "Who is healthiest?" A very important one.

In this case, the KC I-line was not healthy, playing backups at both tackle positions and right guard. Tampa D-line was all healthy and was able to generate significant pass rush by themselves. Thus the normally blitz happy Todd Bowles was able to commit massively to double covering the KC receivers. Hence, Mahomes had a hard time finding open receivers, and KC could not generate a ground game.

This game was one more that makes the question, "Who is healthiest?" A very important one.

In this case, the KC I-line was not healthy, playing backups at both tackle positions and right guard. Tampa D-line was all healthy and was able to generate significant pass rush by themselves. Thus the normally blitz happy Todd Bowles was able to commit massively to double covering the KC receivers. Hence, Mahomes had a hard time finding open receivers, and KC could not generate a ground game.

Apparently TB blitz'd only 5 times yesterday. Searching for Eric Fisher.

Eh, I’m not there yet. I like the option of caring about the NFL, but man is it hard to watch at times. Not just the sport, but also its production. I don’t know if it’s the fuckery of the last year in this country, but I’m finding it much harder to deal with media that is produced for lame, dumb people.

Yeah, that entire pregame was over-choreographed to the hilt so as not to try to piss off any segment of our society. But to me, the game was even worse. Officiating for the playoffs is usually like basketball in the last seconds of a game - swallow your whistle unless there is definitely something there. You can have entire games where the only thing called is LOS penalties. But that 1st half was the most 1 sided officiating I seen in a while. I was rooting for KC, but I don't mind Tampa, like Arians and was rooting for Tampa the prior game over GB. I stopped watching after the 1st half and never turned back - opted for some WW1 stuff on the history channel. Not that it changed the outcome. KC just plain couldn't deal with the loss of Fisher. But the zebras literally gave Tampa 14 1st half points. The final should have been 17-9.

Mike Remmers brought his Super Bowl skates from 5 years ago.

Back