• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

Yeah, that entire pregame was over-choreographed to the hilt so as not to try to piss off any segment of our society. But to me, the game was even worse. Officiating for the playoffs is usually like basketball in the last seconds of a game - swallow your whistle unless there is definitely something there. You can have entire games where the only thing called is LOS penalties. But that 1st half was the most 1 sided officiating I seen in a while. I was rooting for KC, but I don't mind Tampa, like Arians and was rooting for Tampa the prior game over GB. I stopped watching after the 1st half and never turned back - opted for some WW1 stuff on the history channel. Not that it changed the outcome. KC just plain couldn't deal with the loss of Fisher. But the zebras literally gave Tampa 14 1st half points. The final should have been 17-9.

Agree with all this.

I turned the game off at halftime. Glad to see Leonard Fournette do well. I think he needed some better mentors in the locker room and really benefited from having TB.

Eh, I’m not there yet. I like the option of caring about the NFL, but man is it hard to watch at times. Not just the sport, but also its production. I don’t know if it’s the fuckery of the last year in this country, but I’m finding it much harder to deal with media that is produced for lame, dumb people.
CBS running the promo at the end when Phil Simms was trying to talk and Simms getting pissed was hilarious

Then later JB said “we never want to cut you short Phil” but the reality is all those guys need to be cut short - NFL needs to do like NBA and put entertaining guys up there like Steve Smith

Ha if you had asked me how many songs he performed I would have said 4 or 5. No way would I have thought 8-9, it all pretty much sounded the same. The last one with the tighty whitey hats sounded like Flock of Seagulls so I thought the purpose was some sort of Covid mask / strange haircut homage. I actually did like the spinning around in the gold room, that was pretty cool. Like riding a tilt-a-whirl inside Fort Knox.

The highlight of the Super Bowl was the return of Dr. Galakawicz. It was worth the shitty game just for that. And, of course, further cementing ELIte's legacy.

Nick Foles' too!

Chiefs are shedding themselves of Britt Reid.

Not a surprise. He's been suspended. Putting two little kids in the hospital by driving drunk is not a good thing. The Chiefs want no more parts of that.

Not a surprise. He's been suspended. Putting two little kids in the hospital by driving drunk is not a good thing. The Chiefs want no more parts of that.

Deaconblue, I must ask once again, do you feel compelled to comment on every single subject, on every single thread? And when you do, does it for some reason have to be the most uninteresting possible take?

I bet you’re a nice person but it’s among the weirdest posting styles I’ve seen. It’s like you feel the need to recap what someone else just posted, while adding nothing. I feel like I’m being lectured by a 1950’s newspaper editorial page. Yeah, harming children while driving drunk is bad; how exactly do these tsk-tsks advance the conversation?

BeachBumDeac called you the personification of Google Answers or something. I’ll just go with #captainobvious

Surprise us and say something crazy, man

Deaconblue, I must ask once again, do you feel compelled to comment on every single subject, on every single thread? And when you do, does it for some reason have to be the most uninteresting possible take?

I bet you’re a nice person but it’s among the weirdest posting styles I’ve seen. It’s like you feel the need to recap what someone else just posted, while adding nothing. I feel like I’m being lectured by a 1950’s newspaper editorial page. Yeah, harming children while driving drunk is bad; how exactly do these tsk-tsks advance the conversation?

BeachBumDeac called you the personification of Google Answers or something. I’ll just go with #captainobvious

Feel free to put me on ignore.

Have a nice day.

You might want to visit the Home improvement/DIY thread on the Pit. Deaconblue has probably provided more practical help, to more people, over a longer period of time, than any single poster on this board. Google Answers might fit him though, because he delivers answers when people ask for help.

You might want to visit the Home improvement/DIY thread on the Pit. Deaconblue has probably provided more practical help, to more people, over a longer period of time, than any single poster on this board. Google Answers might fit him though, because he delivers answers when people ask for help.

He’s also very active posting on science/space discussions.

JJ Watt got his release from the Texans. It’s about to be crazy. Does he try to join his brothers with the Steelers? They’re like the opposite of the Texans right now.

Back