• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL 2020-2021 Season Superbowl LV: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, QB Tom Brady Champs!

JJ Watt got his release from the Texans. It’s about to be crazy. Does he try to join his brothers with the Steelers? They’re like the opposite of the Texans right now.

Steelers are like $40mil over the cap and will be hemorrhaging talent this offseason. Add to that the Pounceys just retired. The Steelers, Eagles and Saints this year will be paying for pushing their cap problems into the future.

Awaken, it's possible Darnold is the best Carolina can do this offseason if they want to land a QB. You can probably get him for an early 2nd. And with NYJ shopping Darnold, it should now be obvious to all that Wilson is a lock for the #2 pick.

Salary cap is expected to drop to around $175 million for 2021, which is an 11.7% drop, due to decline in revenues from last year.

Expect more big names to get cut.

Kawann Short is a likely casualty from the Panthers.

https://www.panthers.com/news/more-names-heading-to-nfl-free-agent-lists-in-coming-weeks

I've read it's anywhere between $175-185mil, and $181 is the latest prediction I saw yesterday. But yeah, only a few teams are flush with cash. So we'll see some fairly big spending in the 1st couple of days of FA, but there will be more cost casualties than usual, and a bunch of guys will be signing low 1 year prove it deals.

Darnold is intriguing. He was young when he was drafted (Darnold is younger than Burrow). After 3 years in the NFL, he's still just 23. FWIW, Jamie Newman is 23.

Tough to remember, but to close the 2019 season, the Jets went 6-2, and Darnold threw for 13 TDs and 4 picks. IIRC, his QB rating for the 2nd half of the 2019 season was top 10 in the NFL. He was 22 years old. This past year was a total disaster; Darnold had massive regression, but the Jets receivers and o-line were awful and injured; the coaching staff was more concerned about their next job than developing Darnold. Maybe last year's debacle was the real Sam Darnold or maybe he is already so scarred from his Jets experience that he can't be turned around, but Darnold has talent, and had his moments, even with the crappy Jets.

I've read it's anywhere between $175-185mil, and $181 is the latest prediction I saw yesterday. But yeah, only a few teams are flush with cash. So we'll see some fairly big spending in the 1st couple of days of FA, but there will be more cost casualties than usual, and a bunch of guys will be signing low 1 year prove it deals.

All teams are flush with cash. They just refuse to pay the people who create that cash their fair share.

All teams are flush with cash. They just refuse to pay the people who create that cash their fair share.

They are all flush with cash. But few are flush with cap space going into next season.

Not giving a shit about competitive balance, RJ looks to bring the Citizens United ruling to the NFL.

Not at all the same.

What I oppose is supporting incompetent billionaires.

What I oppose is making people change jobs or make less money than they have earned.

What I oppose is screwing fans who have supported their team for years by making the team move players who want to stay.

I wonder how many people here would accept their bosses (who are massively profitable) cutting their pay after a productive year.

My stance is the opposite of CU. I support the working men and women who are the lifeblood of teams. I support the players being able to work where they choose for competitive wage.

Urban likes to hire outed racists and wife beaters because he can get them for below market value. He spins it as some bullshit redemption narrative, but really it's just market inefficiency and a coach who doesn't give a fuck.

A racist college strength coach is going to have a tough time coaching Black millionaires.

Back