• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Black Monday Thread

They're waiting for the best teams in the NFL to finish their seasons inorder to talk to their coordinators. The Steelers take the position that the HC is so important a hire that they take their time to find the right guy. That's why they have had only 3 coaches in the last 44 years. Or Jimmy Haslam has no idea what he is doing.

After our Music City bowl, I took the family to Cleveland to see a great rivalry game against the Steelers. Seneca Wallace started for the Browns so nothing else needs to be said. We sat with a bunch of Steeler fans who actually felt sorry for the Brown fans. The whole place was filled, but flat. I can only conclude what I said in the last line of post #261, is true.

Browns fan here. Was confounded by the Chud firing and subsequent head coach search, but getting rid of Banner and Lombardi (the latter especially) is definitely a good thing. If nothing else, it allows the org. to promote (and keep) Ray Farmer, and it eliminates a completely unnecessary position in the front office. All that said, they're still the Browns and they'll probably still fuck it up.

Also, I have no idea what to think of Haslam as an owner. Is he crazy? Hellbent on winning? Going to white collar prison soon? All of the above?

From host of a weekend WFNZ morning show to general manager of the Cleveland Browns.

Ray Farmer has come a long way.

Or has he?

Oddly, the TRich trade was probably the best in-season move in a while.

Back