• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Black Monday Thread

Sounds like it was done to DET until the TEN job came open. Locker over Stafford and Calvin? Hmm.

Chris Mortensen saying Jim Caldwell's name a lot w/ respect Detroit.

Go Jim!

Culture...saying the Lions need a strong hand to right the zoo schwartzel left

o6sEF1v.jpg

Yeah, I give up.

When I die I want you to get the Tigers bullpen and the Lions front office to help, so they can let me down one last time.

When I die I want you to get the Tigers bullpen and the Lions front office to help, so they can let me down one last time.

I'm not so sure Caldwell would be bad for Detroit. I said this on the Ravens board earlier. He's a good QB coach, so he'd be good with Stafford. He's a decent organizational guy, and I don't think he'd put up with the lack of discipline Detroit has had. He's not a signal caller, but if he brings in good coordinators, he could do pretty well there. His skill set is either that of a QB coach or HC, not a coordinator.

I'm not so sure Caldwell would be bad for Detroit. I said this on the Ravens board earlier. He's a good QB coach, so he'd be good with Stafford. He's a decent organizational guy, and I don't think he'd put up with the lack of discipline Detroit has had. He's not a signal caller, but if he brings in good coordinators, he could do pretty well there. His skill set is either that of a QB coach or HC, not a coordinator.

2011. 2-14. Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter say hello.

2011. 2-14. Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter say hello.

Peyton, Wayne and their DEs were keeping that team afloat. While Polian had had a great run with the Bills and had success early in Indy, his last 5-6 drafts were atrocious. No one was going to win with that team.

I'm not saying Caldwell is a great HC. But he did have success with Indy before that year, and in the right setting with good coordinators, I think he might could have success again.

It's hard for me to look past the 300 yard leading rusher at Wake and the complete lack of acknowledging that Ray Rice is on the Ravens.

Lions were the number rated job and the front office is such a shit show they are settling for a guy who was 4-5 on their list. No thanks.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 40m
Vikings are hiring Mike Zimmer as their HC, per league source.

Cincy loses both top coordinators. Browns last one open.

Were the Bengals really THAT good this year?

Were the Bengals really THAT good this year?

If I was a coordinator, I'd really want my team featured on HBO's Hard Knocks this August. You could tell both Gruden and Zimmer knew what the hell they were doing when you watched that show.

Zimmer has a great track record, always puts together a top D no matter the personnel

Agreed, it'll be interesting to see what (if anything) the Vikings decide to do about Priefer.

Also, I don't really follow the NFL, so I generally assume players and coaches kind of disappear after they leave the Eagles. Nice to see Sean McDermott doing well. It seemed like he got screwed a bit over his inability to be Jim Johnson.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
From what I hear, #Vikings assistant with best chance to stay: Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who @ChrisWarcraft just wrote about

If I was a coordinator, I'd really want my team featured on HBO's Hard Knocks this August. You could tell both Gruden and Zimmer knew what the hell they were doing when you watched that show.

Yeah, and Brian Schottenheimer looked like shit when the Jets were featured.

What the hell is going on in Cleveland? Now they're resorting to interviewing the lowly special teams coordinator from Dallas. Do they have any idea what they're doing?

Back