• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Black Monday Thread

I like how Kluwe admits he is straight up trying to ruin Priefer's career and prevent him from becoming the Vikings HC.

Any lawyers know if Priefer would have legal basis to win a lawsuit against Kluwe if he filed one?

It's only slander if it isn't true, right?

Yes, but I do not know if openly admitting to attempting ruin his career is grounds for anything. Although, I have to think Kluwe ran this by a lawyer before he let it be published.

Not my area of the law, but I think as long as Kluwe is telling the truth I think he's fine.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
And @ClaytonESPN is reporting the Redskins are interviewing Dallas Cowboys assistant HC Rich Bisaccia today. Bisaccia close to Bruce Allen.

I have never heard of this man.

Whoa - I lived right around the corner from and played baseball with Mike Priefer as a kid. His dad was an assistant coach at UNC at the time. Jonathan Himebauch's dad was on that staff as well, and they lived in the same neighborhood also. I think he had an older brother that was closer to my age.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports head coach Mike Munchak has been dismissed. Jim Wyatt of The Tennesseean says Munchak was offered the chance to come back, with conditions.

Munchak to Penn State?

I just don't get this yet. Other than CaneSports as sourced this as true. Golden hasn't even interviewed yet. Was supposed to be yesterday but was delayed by weather. His interview was rescheduled for today.

I feel like this makes zero sense for either party. Weird.

I feel like this makes zero sense for either party. Weird.

Why does a guy from NJ who played and coached at Penn State, then coached a major program, not make sense to coach Penn State?

Why does a guy from NJ who played and coached at Penn State, then coached a major program, not make sense to coach Penn State?

I just think it's a lateral move. I also think PSU could probably have gone after a bigger name guy than Golden. Seems like Golden is also getting plenty of talent at UM.

But you're right in that this is probably GoIdens dream job, so a lateral move wouldn't be ridiculous for him.

Last edited:
I would imagine truth is an absolute defense of anything. I don't think it could possibly be illegal to tell the truth about someone, even if you're openly trying to ruin their career. Kluwe is a very smart guy and I'm sure he consulted with counsel before he said most of what he said.

via CoachingSearch: Athletic director Blake James tells The Miami Herald he is in regular communication with Al Golden and believes Golden will be Miami's head coach moving forward.

ESPN's Joe Schad said that Golden agreed to speak about the opening because: "It would be coming home. There is a sense of obligation about listening about coming home to Penn State."

Sounds like Whisenhunt to Detroit once the Bolts are out. I like that move for both.

If the recently unemployed Mike Munchak says he'll take the job for $1 million less on what ever contract PSU offers Al Golden, would they take him up on it.

Back