• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL - Del Rio Fired

Speculation on Mike & Mike is that you only do it at this point in the season if there are issues in the locker room and front office.

I mean, hell, even Snyder keeps his coaches until the end of the year.

Maybe they pay Del Rio by the hour and can save some money this way.

Please come to the Falcons as DC, Mr. Del Rio.

NO WAI. BVG has done an amazing job of making our D actually good out of the least talent in the NFC probs.

The D has not been the problem this season, I refuse to blame any loss on them.

I personally feel the fan base is fine and this team could do really well if they resolve the management issues. Drafting has been horrendous and coaching sub par.

I was talking to somebody about this in an interview in Jacksonville. I was living there when the city first got the team and was in 3rd grade. I've got a number of friends that are absolute die hard fans, but they're just now getting to the age where they have the disposable income to be able to buy their own season tickets.

When the team started, there was the initial fervor of having an NFL team in the city. Then they started to have some early success and it kept feeding the fire. Now that they've cooled off the fans that were there didn't grow up with this team and moved on back to whoever else.

The generation that was in middle school when the team came to the city is now in its late 20s early 30s and is finally at a point where they can consider a luxury like season tickets. My facebook news feed is dominated by news of the Del Rio firing and hope that it will mean something better next season.

NO WAI. BVG has done an amazing job of making our D actually good out of the least talent in the NFC probs.

we? aren't you a Skins fan as judging by your previous name?

Next up, Norval.......which is only a good thing if the Lord of No Rings goes too.

I have been a Niners fan all of my life but really rooted for the jags to do well since I moved here in 08. Like most Jags fans (military town), I have no longterm ties to them since I was raised elsewhere. It's still pretty cool that I have an NFL team in my city. Of course, it's such a pain to go to a game. I remember going to a game a few years ago where they decided raise the bridge to let a boat through. Ended up making most of the fans late for the game. It just doesn't seem they make a lot of smart decisions. Personally, I would have drafted Tebow and I hate UF!

I think both Falcons coordinators need to go. D is great against the run, not very good against the pass. No (or the wrong) halftime adjustments are being made and that falls on the OC and DC. Del Rio would be huge improvement over BVG.

I think both Falcons coordinators need to go. D is great against the run, not very good against the pass. No (or the wrong) halftime adjustments are being made and that falls on the OC and DC. Del Rio would be huge improvement over BVG.

As a wake and falcon fan I can only hope that we get up by enough in the first half and can hold on at the end. The second half lack of adjustments is staggering.

Bad NFL city. Hope they end up someplace interesting.

BS and so untrue. I've been to several jags games this season and despite 3-8 and the most boring offense in the league there have been very good crowds.

Very good means 70% full with tarps on the upper deck?

Still no blackouts for the Jags yet this year. Lots of free tickets for the military though!

LK, why is there "no way" JDR ends up at UCLA?

Back