• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL - Del Rio Fired

Didn't he go to USC? That would make it much more unlikely for him to go there.

Very good means 70% full with tarps on the upper deck?

92.6% capacity. The national media and comments from posters like above make it out as if it were a WFU home basketball game the past season which simply isn't true.

Despite a 3-8 record the Jaguars rank 25th in the NFL attendance wise with 92.6% (62k fans) which is well above Tampa Bay 30th (86%) , Miami 31st (78.8%) and Cincy 32nd (75.7%)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

If the franchise would put a product on the field worth watching the tarps would come off the stadium corners. It's not the whole upper deck like you're implying.

I'm sick and tired of people assuming our attendance and support is so bad due to reports from the nation media about the 2009 season. Yes 2009 was a bad season for the Jags attendance wise but that's 1 season. Since 2006, every other season has been 90%+ capacity.

Still no blackouts for the Jags yet this year. Lots of free tickets for the military though!

LK, why is there "no way" JDR ends up at UCLA?

Not only is he a USC alum, he allegedly turned down the USC job before Kiffin got it, and I don't see any way he turns down his alma mater and then one year later goes to coach their biggest rival.

And I still insist that money will be a huge obstacle for UCLA, especially if they set their sights on a high profile or former NFL coach.

I haven't lived in Jax for a few years but I thought the money Del Rio would have forfeited by taking the USC job played a big factor.

They should have traded Lane Kiffin to the Jags Del Rio to USC

92.6% capacity. The national media and comments from posters like above make it out as if it were a WFU home basketball game the past season which simply isn't true.

Despite a 3-8 record the Jaguars rank 25th in the NFL attendance wise with 92.6% (62k fans) which is well above Tampa Bay 30th (86%) , Miami 31st (78.8%) and Cincy 32nd (75.7%)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

If the franchise would put a product on the field worth watching the tarps would come off the stadium corners. It's not the whole upper deck like you're implying.

I'm sick and tired of people assuming our attendance and support is so bad due to reports from the nation media about the 2009 season. Yes 2009 was a bad season for the Jags attendance wise but that's 1 season. Since 2006, every other season has been 90%+ capacity.

Attendance at the UGA-UF game this year was 84,524, so that is capacity at the Jacksonville stadium. If you use that # (and not the black tarp #), the 92.6% changes to 73.6% - worst in the league.

Attendance at the UGA-UF game this year was 84,524, so that is capacity at the Jacksonville stadium. If you use that # (and not the black tarp #), the 92.6% changes to 73.6% - worst in the league.

Statistics are fun!

They add bleachers to the stadium for that capacity, so your numbers are not the true capacity of the stadium either.

If you go by total average attendance: 62,173 is 26th in the league and only 102 below the Chicago Bears avg. attendance.

Are people really trying to argue that Jax is a good NFL city?

In football head coaches have a lot of input on the draft.

That depends on the coach and the FO. In Balmur, Ozzie and Eric DeCosta make the decisions with some moderate input from the coaches, but it's the FO that really makes all personnel decisions.

It is stupid to use this number. They built the stadium huge for the FL-GA game, but for an nfl team that would be a huge stadium. only a few cities can fill 80+ for every game.

Yep, The racist tweets this morning were pretty bad. I read his bio and his life story is quite remarkable. JAX owes a lot to Wayne Weaver but I can't blame him for selling since his kids didn't want the team. Hopefully Mr. Khan will do great things here. If the Jags win, they will sell the place out. Pretty Simple as that!

I have no idea about the rest of the season, but there's no way the stadium was 92% full for the Texans game. I'll be generous and guess 65-70%. There were TONS of empty seats.

Well, they've played like dog shit this year. What did Wake games look like last year for the last game of the season?

Yep, The racist tweets this morning were pretty bad. I read his bio and his life story is quite remarkable. JAX owes a lot to Wayne Weaver but I can't blame him for selling since his kids didn't want the team. Hopefully Mr. Khan will do great things here. If the Jags win, they will sell the place out. Pretty Simple as that!

WTF? I would take a danthedeacsfan's running start dildo ramming to own an NFL team.

I have no idea about the rest of the season, but there's no way the stadium was 92% full for the Texans game. I'll be generous and guess 65-70%. There were TONS of empty seats.

It was thanksgiving weekend and the day after FSU-UF. Plus the jags suck right now.

Back