• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

somehow both college and NFL got in a rut where only obnoxious teams win

So I guess I'm rooting for the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That's fucking weird.

I am in a pickem league championship, basically if I pick the winner of the super bowl I get $150. I am picking the pats. if they win, I win $150. If they lose, the Pats lost and I am happy. either way its win win. for you, id suggest betting on the eagles moneyline

Potential to be the least watched SB in the last 15 years.

Not sure this narrative has merit, but I guess we'll see. Why would the casual football fan have been more interested in watching the Jaguars in a Super Bowl? And the Minnesota home team story would've gotten more played out than "Jerome Bettis is from Detroit". Seems like the Patriots alone are ratings gold, like the Yankees in baseball.

Unless you mean fewer people will watch because the players all hate America and the troops.

Not sure this narrative has merit, but I guess we'll see. Why would the casual football fan have been more interested in watching the Jaguars in a Super Bowl? And the Minnesota home team story would've gotten more played out than "Jerome Bettis is from Detroit". Seems like the Patriots alone are ratings gold, like the Yankees in baseball.

Unless you mean fewer people will watch because the players all hate America and the troops.

throw in Philly and I think they will be out. SkyDeac is basically saying that XXXVII in 2003 with 88.6 million will be the over/under. That was the TB blowout win over Oakland.

Not sure that the pats are better than the Eagles, let alone 5.5 pt favorites

Jags taking a knee with 55 seconds and three timeouts at the end of the half was terrible. They played scared.

They had Bortles as their QB against the pats, how else did you want them to play? He wasn't going to win the game for them, and everyone knew it, so they tried to get in a position where he didn't have to. Hence why Belichick had no problem repeatedly punting to them.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I said right before the deadline that they should have traded two first round picks for Eli. You think either Belichick or Marrone coaches that way with ELIte playing QB? No fucking way. Jags would be heading to the Super Bowl right now had they made that move.

They had Bortles as their QB against the pats, how else did you want them to play? He wasn't going to win the game for them, and everyone knew it, so they tried to get in a position where he didn't have to.

I mean he kinda almost did? Plus especially in the second half the Pats were focused completely on shutting down the running game, and there were openings through the air if the Jags had the balls to take them.

On their last four series before the final drive they gave the ball to Fournette on first down every time, which is what the Pats expected and hoped they would do. You don't beat the Pats by playing it safe

I am not going to watch 1 minute of this showdown of terrible has been yankeeface cities. Barf.

That's how I'm feeling. I'd watch if Wentz were playing, because the Eagles were the better team with him in the line-up, but they've played exactly 1 really good game since he went out.

BTW, are your Falcons keeping Sarkisian as OC? That wouldn't excite me if I were a Falcons fan. Not as bad as Harbs retaining Morninweg, but not good.

People said the same things about Bama-Georgia and it got bonkers ratings. If it's a good game people will watch

People said the same things about Bama-Georgia and it got bonkers ratings. If it's a good game people will watch

When our game turned south, and the Vikings game was already out of control, I turned it to the women's nat'l team against Denmark. They're always fun to watch, they win most of the time and are about the only team I actively root for that is worth a shite.

I know I'm just personalizing it, I'm sure people will watch, and casual fans like the commercials. But I've watched every Super Bowl since 1967, and I'm not watching one second this year. Besides that fact that it's a boring matchup, their fans are in the top five most obnoxious fan bases in professional sports. Next football I'm watching is the Chik-Fil-A kickoff.

I mean he kinda almost did? Plus especially in the second half the Pats were focused completely on shutting down the running game, and there were openings through the air if the Jags had the balls to take them.

On their last four series before the final drive they gave the ball to Fournette on first down every time, which is what the Pats expected and hoped they would do. You don't beat the Pats by playing it safe

That's not playing it safe. What has higher odds of happening, Fournette breaking a decent run under game pressure like that or Bortles completing a decent pass under that same pressure? The Jags felt that Fournette gave them a better chance, and so did the Pats hence why they were geared to stop it.

Given the defense and the Patriots' focus, Bortles had a much better chance. Especially when the Pats wouldn't have been expecting them to pass

Back