• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I know I'm just personalizing it, I'm sure people will watch, and casual fans like the commercials. But I've watched every Super Bowl since 1967, and I'm not watching one second this year. Besides that fact that it's a boring matchup, their fans are in the top five most obnoxious fan bases in professional sports. Next football I'm watching is the Chik-Fil-A kickoff.

So you watched in 2004 when it was the same two teams and fanbases?

So you watched in 2004 when it was the same two teams and fanbases?

zgazZ.gif

Best result for me is Eagles lose on a BS call in the final seconds (which seems like it would be appropriate for this season). NE fans won't really feel good about winning over Nick Foles needing a controversial call to help them, and Philly fans will burn down their city

will Foles get another look as a starter somewhere next season?

Foles is locked to Eagles by contract until Feb 2019. Unusual 5 year deal that voids Feb 2019 IF Foles is on Eagles roster. So another team could have him on a four year deal.

Eagles will most likely trade him this upcoming off-season. Better he plays in SB, more the Eagles get for him.

I think this shows why its important to have a good backup. Don't know the details of the deal but don't see why they wouldn't keep him as a backup.

I think this shows why its important to have a good backup. Don't know the details of the deal but don't see why they wouldn't keep him as a backup.

Eagles would probably like to keep him but if he looks good in SB after his two playoff games, somebody will probably offer a lot for him as their starter. He isn't displacing Wentz as Philly starter next season. His trade value most likely be higher after this season than in the first 23 days of the 2019 NFL season. On day 24 of rhe 2019 season he becomes a free agent if he is on the Eagles roster.

It will be a "sell at market peak" or keep him as 2018 insurance policy and get nothing at the end of 2018 season.

Eagles will be balancing worth of offers against value of excellent insurance and who else is available to backup Wentz.

Don't know how Chase Daniel woulda done obvs, but the Eagles look pretty smart for getting rid him to go get Foles

Don't know how Chase Daniel woulda done obvs, but the Eagles look pretty smart for getting rid him to go get Foles

Chase Daniels wanted to chase a starting job so Eagles let him go. Rams were done with Foles once they had Goff and Chiefs let him go after one season probably for salary reasons. He would have cost the Chiefs over $7 million for 2017 season. Life of a backup QB in the NFL. Cost too much and you are looking for work.

Chase Daniels wanted to chase a starting job so Eagles let him go. Rams were done with Foles once they had Goff and Chiefs let him go after one season probably for salary reasons. He would have cost the Chiefs over $7 million for 2017 season. Life of a backup QB in the NFL. Cost too much and you are looking for work.

Tough gig

Best result for me is Eagles lose on a BS call in the final seconds (which seems like it would be appropriate for this season). NE fans won't really feel good about winning over Nick Foles needing a controversial call to help them, and Philly fans will burn down their city

Where do I sign?

so why did chase go to new orleans to back up brees?

you obviously don't know many Pats fans. They wont give a shit about winning on a BS call and they will point to other calls that went against them as to why it was even that close, or McDaniels/Patricia had one foot out the door and they still won, something like that.

you obviously don't know many Pats fans. They wont give a shit about winning on a BS call and they will point to other calls that went against them as to why it was even that close, or McDaniels/Patricia had one foot out the door and they still won, something like that.

This. It doesn't matter that in their two most recent SBs, the other team lost more than NE won.

I'll rephrase - it'll be easier to discount the win as a non-Pats fan if they win on a BS call because yes they won't care (but in fairness I wouldn't care either if my team won a SB)

I just realized the game is on NBC this year, which means no Joe Buck and no Tony Romo. Maybe there ARE good things in this world.

Alex Smith traded to Washington.

Per Schefter, he’s signing a four year contract extension.

Last edited:
Back