• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

There’s just something about Lamar Jackson that predisposes Ph to defending him, I just can’t quite put my finger on it, oh got it, ACC quarterback.

I do think Jackson has a chance to be an excellent NFL QB, but not now. Give him 2-3 years with a good QB coach and more time to delve in depth on coverages and schemes and and he will blossom. My dream is he falls to 24 and the Panthers take him to back up Cam who has 3-4 good years left, perfect timing for Jackson to take over. (not going to happen though)

To be fair, you didn't state this directly. I inferred this after years of QB discussions (including those involving Hinton) and the fact that you could describe Jackson as "an unreal talent" who "will be an absolute beast" and "dominate for the next 10 years" despite obvious accuracy issues.

Two things. First, accuracy is less important for a mobile QB. I think we can all agree on that. Second, I believe a QB can improve his accuracy with experience. Apparently that’s not a popular opinion. I think Hinton isn’t doomed to be a less accurate passer especially when he has the opportunity to play with an improved line like Wofford did.

Jackson is a 21 year old QB who has improved his accuracy each season since he was an 18 year old starter. I think his accuracy will continue to improve as he keeps growing into his body, getting stronger, learns the position, and plays with teammates as good or better than he is.

I think it’s weird that people are writing off a kid who was a Heisman winner and finalist before he could legally drink.

Heisman don't mean shit. At least three QBs will be taken before Jackson, one of whom have won the Heisman.

BTW, you said earlier that 2017's Heisman winner has the lowest floor.

Last edited:
He won his Heisman largely from things he won't be able to do in the pros.

Who was the last inaccurate / relied more on his legs QB to win the Super Bowl?

petrino's offense is pretty close to a pro style offense. it's not like jackson was running the option.

I like Jackson too, I think he'll surprise a lot of people

I'd be more comfortable with him later in the first round than a top 5 pick on Josh Allen

I like Jackson too, I think he'll surprise a lot of people

I'd be more comfortable with him later in the first round than a top 5 pick on Josh Allen

Why is that ? Because he'll be less of a bust if he doesn't pan out ? That's it ?

Why is that ? Because he'll be less of a bust if he doesn't pan out ? That's it ?

exactly, if you've got a top 5 pick then your team probably sucks and needs that pick to work out more than a team picking in the late teens/20s

Jackson is Tebow without the Espn love/hype. Great college QB, can’t throw well enough for NFL

Tebow also had 20 extra pounds that Jackson doesn't have. He also added more muscle after joining the NFL.

BIFF for example, Lamar Jackson could hit this type of throw all day long:

boo.0.gif

I'm trying to draft the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady. You guys want to draft the next Tyrod Taylor.

It's ridiculous that some team is going to draft Lamar Jackson tonight while Colin Kaepernick is still without a job. Which guy would you rather have start a game for your team in the next two years ?

Why the hell does the draft start at 9 PM ? Most of these GMs are half in the bag by 6:30.

It's ridiculous that some team is going to draft Lamar Jackson tonight while Colin Kaepernick is still without a job. Which guy would you rather have start a game for your team in the next two years ?

LOL. Biff didn’t want to get ragged on for hating on black QBs.

Back