• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I'm not saying that by the rules it isn't a TD. I think that the rule is absurd.

What do you think the rule should be dv7?

What do you think the rule should be dv7?

well, the ball should have to end up being in the end zone to be a touchdown for one thing. or at least past the nylons for passes caught near the boundary where the receiver lands OOBs but his feet are still in the end zone.

anywhere else on the field and that was a Tyrod fumble and the Bills get the ball at the spot McCoy was tackled. That wouldn't have been a 1st down on a 4th an 1 at the 20 yard line, for instance. So why a TD?

well, the ball should have to end up being in the end zone to be a touchdown for one thing. or at least past the nylons for passes caught near the boundary where the receiver lands OOBs but his feet are still in the end zone.

anywhere else on the field and that was a Tyrod fumble and the Bills get the ball at the spot McCoy was tackled. That wouldn't have been a 1st down on a 4th an 1 at the 20 yard line, for instance. So why a TD?

Did you ever think that, were the rule different, he wouldn't have held it in the air like that?

Do you have a problem with the forward progress rules everywhere else on the field?

Did you ever think that, were the rule different, he wouldn't have held it in the air like that?

Of course he wouldn't have done that if the rule was different!

My problem is with the rule, not with Tyrod doing what he did given the rules. Stop being so siffitive.

Do you have a problem with the forward progress rules everywhere else on the field?

No, in those instances the defense if forcing the player and ball backwards, so that makes sense. But if a player reached a ball out and then pulled it back in under his own power then they wouldn't give him the "forward progress" spot because he willfully moved the ball back. This is like when a guy has a first down and then tries to make a play by running backwards and to the side to try to get more yardage and is then tackled behind the 1st down line. The refs spot the ball where the player was tackled, not where he was ever furthest forward on the field before being forced back by a tackle.

The Bills have tried to win for two decades and lost, so why not try selling off key players weeks before the season?

8352057bb537cec0194878680dbbb682--jerry-seinfeld-seinfeld-meme.jpg

This Texans-Seahawks game has been amazing.

I wish the Texans had just let Watson make a play instead of trying to run the clock out.

Second and goal from the 1 and Caldwell calls a rollout pass. What an idiot.

Don't think the Lions would've scored a TD if that game went on for years. Not sure what the fuck that was

Back