• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

That's true.

Maybe parity has hurt the league. Maybe things were more interesting in the dynasty era with a few great teams and a few lovable losers who could maybe draft great players and become interesting.

That said the NFL reached its highest point in the 2000s/early 2010s when there was tons of parity

I wonder how much more of the domestic market there really is to capture. I feel like the NFL probably peaked in natural viewhip when tv packages allowed you to watch your favorite team no matter where you lived, but then hit a whole new level pulling in casuals who liked fantasy football once FFB really exploded. What other portion of the market is there to tap into at this point?

NFL Offseason Thread: Panthers beat Eagles (in the stands)

International markets. Thus games in London and Mexico City and the possibility of moving the Bills to Toronto.

Do your kids watch the NFL? My boys watch some but they don't really know many teams or care all that much beyond the hometown Bucs and Daddy's Panthers. They're way more into video games.

Buffalo is not moving to Toronto for many reasons with one being Toronto does not like football.

No one even talks about that anymore.

I didn't realize Philly was the only team with one loss. That seems like an unusual amount of parity.

This officiating crew is fucking awful, one of the many reasons the NFL sucks so much now.

Wentz has a CANNON. And an accurate one at that. Fun to watch. Felt very confident he was gonna hit that long TD.

Eagles were pretty risk averse with him early last year, nice transformation

Wentz has a CANNON. And an accurate one at that. Fun to watch. Felt very confident he was gonna hit that long TD.

Eagles were pretty risk averse with him early last year, nice transformation

Agree.

I was just at a hotel bar in DC and they didn't even have the game on. Sad!

Good job, once again, by the Browns for passing on yet another solution at quarterback and gift-wrapping him to the Eagles!

The ESPN power rankings are out. For whatever reason that I don't understand they put the Patriots as being the #1 team in the NFL. What are they smoking?

Browns GM on Wentz from last year:

I think the hardest part, and where we have to stay the most disciplined, as much as you want a player, you can’t invent him if he doesn’t exist. In a given year, there may be two or three NFL-ready quarterbacks at the college level. In another year, there literally may be zero. There just may be not be anybody in that year who’s good enough to be a top 20 quarterback in the NFL.

Even though you have a desperate need for one, you have to resist the temptation of taking that guy just because you have a need if you don’t believe he’s one of those 20 guys at the end of the day. I think that’s the hardest part, just maintaining your discipline because you have the need. That’s what we did this year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/carson-wentz-turning-superstar-034136605.html

Back