• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

NFL Offseason Thread: Garappolo to Niners; Ajayi to Eagles; KB to Bills (WTF?)

It's amazing how many picks they've spent on the QB position over the last several years. And they were willing to burn two more. If you do it right, you spend maybe one pick over ten years.

It's amazing how many picks they've spent on the QB position over the last several years. And they were willing to burn two more. If you do it right, you spend maybe one pick over ten years.

And they passed on Wentz and Watson

A 2nd and 3rd for McCarron?

Lol

I don't like Kizer at all. I liked Hogan at Stanford and thought he would be a good late round back up, but it's evident that that is all he really is.

Love all the late trades from the established talent recipient perspective. Brown helps Seattle's leaky line. Ajayi should be Philly's feature back soon, which also helps my fantasy team. Buffalo desperately needed a receiving threat with Clay and Matthews out. And SF is only giving up a 2. This way they can rent Garropolo for the remainder of the year and make sure they know whether they actually have their QB of the future or whether they need to go out and get 1 next year. And if he's the deal, they can likely trade down from a likely top 5 pick and get a lot for that. Also think the Pats could have gotten more for Garropolo had they traded him 6-8 months ago. Word at that time is they were going to get a 1st.

Honestly the only real loser from all the trades is the Panthers. The Dolphins need more assets for a rebuild.

Honestly the only real loser from all the trades is the Panthers. The Dolphins need more assets for a rebuild.

Mostly agree. On the 1 hand, Benjamin is a quality WR and the last security blanket Cam has. On the other, he's in the last year of his rookie contract, and they would have let him walk in FA. But if that had transpired, they'd still have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for him the following year. Not that much difference between a 3rd + a 7th this year and a 3rd next. I think it says 2 things - first, Hurney doesn't want 2 tall WRs, and second, it sends a message to the players that the front office isn't all in on this season when they still have a shot at the playoffs. I don't like that message from a team that isn't out of it, and I don't think Hurney is an upgrade over Gettleman. Don't care for Richardson either. I like the Panthers, but I don't like the direction I think they're headed in.

If they Browns offered that for McCarron, is the assumption that they did not also offer it for Garrappolo?

Good question.

Some rumors Jackson pushed for the trade and the front office accidentally on purpose didn't complete the deal in time

Some rumors Jackson pushed for the trade and the front office accidentally on purpose didn't complete the deal in time

Well, Jackson had McCarron when he was OC in Cincy for a couple of years. But I've never been impressed when McCarron was pressed into active duty when Dalton has been banged up. So that theory makes some sense. Whatever the case, Cleveland needs to completely clean house this offseason, which they probably won't do.

that is even stupider then telling to Hue to stay in his lane. Stupid Browns. Why make yourself the laughingstock of the league (again) at the trade deadline?

WGAF about McCarron, Josh Gordon has been conditionally reinstated by the NFL!

WGAF about McCarron, Josh Gordon has been conditionally reinstated by the NFL!

tumblr_mq7rwaJwlG1qjpq1mo1_500.gif

Back