• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

You can find examples of every team misjudging talent at QB in the draft, but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. The Browns just have too much confidence in their scouting ability and outsmart themselves thinking they can pass on the obvious talents at the top of every draft and get just as capable of a player in 2nd/3rd or later rounds. For all the QBs they've drafted, I don't think I can remember one that they picked in the top ten (outside of Tim Couch who was probably a dozen regimes ago) where they are always picking and for the most part the hit rate is much better. If they'd just sit in the top three and pick one the generally unanimous top dudes they'd probably be much better off. Personally I also think since the organization is such a trainwreck often it's a function of the rest of the team as to how the QBs play. If Wentz/Watson actually were drafted by Cleveland I doubt they'd be having as much success as they have had out of the gate.

Potato Sack Race celebration! hahahahhahahaa

I want to be mad but that was awesome.

Looks like there's going to be playoff football in LA this year.

Remember when State let him transfer so they could appease Mike Glennon?

I don't get how RIchard Sherman can tear his Achilles and walk on it. Kobe Bryant stood on his (and shot his free throws), but he didn't walk, if I recall ...

I don't get how RIchard Sherman can tear his Achilles and walk on it. Kobe Bryant stood on his (and shot his free throws), but he didn't walk, if I recall ...

That was weird to me. With a mid/late season Achilles tear, You have to get swelling down before you can operate. And that could be a difference of weeks if you handle it right. Would think they would have wanted to ice that, get it elevated asap so they could do surgery ASAP so he's back for camp next year. and he was gimping around, standing on sideline. After pushing a very respected Doctor on field who was trying to help. (That doc operated on Felix Hernandez shoulder)

I love the NFL, but the injuries have been brutal this year. I was trying to watch the game last night, but every play seemed to have an injured player or a penalty. It's unwatchable. I'm not sure if it's a Thursday night issue or what, but this product is getting worse.

I love the NFL, but the injuries have been brutal this year. I was trying to watch the game last night, but every play seemed to have an injured player or a penalty. It's unwatchable. I'm not sure if it's a Thursday night issue or what, but this product is getting worse.

Pretty sure the increased injuries are a CBA effect. Longer offseason, minimal training camp, practice limits, etc. And of course, #tooathletic

NFL Offseason Thread: Watson and Luck out for the season

I would like to see two schedule changes I think would help injuries.

Limit Thursday night games to 6 per season and only between two teams coming off a bye week.

Add one week to the season and give each team two bye weeks between Week 4 and Week 15.

I would like to see two schedule changes I think would help injuries.

Limit Thursday night games to 6 per season and only between two teams coming off a bye week.

Add one week to the season and give each team two bye weeks between Week 4 and Week 15.

Love both of those and it seems like such an easy fix. Who in the world would be opposed to that? I haven't seen either of those proposed else where but the sound like a great idea. Yea they lose some money from TNF but you have to think they gain it back (at least in part) by having the season be a week longer and an extra week of commercials etc.

Back