• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

I would like to see two schedule changes I think would help injuries.

Limit Thursday night games to 6 per season and only between two teams coming off a bye week.

Add one week to the season and give each team two bye weeks between Week 4 and Week 15.

They could still have 9 weeks of Thursday night FB with teams coming off bye weeks by starting the Thursday of week six and ending with week 15.
Or do eight games, with each team playing one Thursday night game every other year.

The NFL has to oppose rolling back the Thursday games: 1) it means admitting they fucked up, and 2) it equals decreased revenue.

The NFL has to oppose rolling back the Thursday games: 1) it means admitting they fucked up, and 2) it equals decreased revenue.

Might could be done as part of the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. Cut the Thursday games back and put them after bye weeks in the name of player safety and in exchange for something else... like the extended week of regular season.

New 32-game schedule. Everyone plays two game a week. No bye weeks. Helps with quarterback development as everyone has to be ready to play. Clock runs between plays, except scoring plays and change of possession. Everybody gets four timeouts, but they're all only 45 seconds. Old records are annihilated.

I don't get how RIchard Sherman can tear his Achilles and walk on it. Kobe Bryant stood on his (and shot his free throws), but he didn't walk, if I recall ...

See Ryan Howard crawling towards first base after grounding into the final out of the Phillies season.

Might could be done as part of the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. Cut the Thursday games back and put them after bye weeks in the name of player safety and in exchange for something else... like the extended week of regular season.

How about this for revenue: 2 preseason games, 18 regular season games over 20 weeks, 1 Thu nite game, 2 byes w/ 1 bye before the Thu nite game. That way you increase the total revenue by adding 2 games and extend the regular season by 3 weeks. Also have 7 teams making the playoffs with only 1 bye for the conference champ, so 6 playoff games that 1st weekend.

I'd rather stick with the current playoff format but I agree it would make up for revenue lost from Thursday night games.

What do we do with Thanksgiving Day games with these new proposed schedules?

NFL Offseason Thread: Watson and Luck out for the season

Have them between teams coming off a bye like any other Thursday night game.

Have them between teams coming off a bye like any other Thursday night game.

So move away from Detroit and Dallas having home games on Thanksgiving? Or they just get the same bye week every year?

So move away from Detroit and Dallas having home games on Thanksgiving? Or they just get the same bye week every year?

Same bye week. What's the problem with that? I guess if they want to be an exception to the rule because they host every year, that's fine.

Your meaningless historical stat of the day: Buffalo last won against New Orleans in 1998. They haven't beaten them at home since 1983.

Hard to imagine a less interesting matchup than the 1-7 Giants at 0-forty9ers. Fantasy owners may follow Evan Engram and Carlos Hyde, and there are draft order implications, but that's the entire list.

Also, I expect Chicago to hold serve against suddenly-atrocious-with-Hundley-at-the-helm Green Bay to even their all-time series at 95-95-6.

Does anyone really care if the Lions aren't on thanksgiving

Ve must have blue and gray every Thanksgiving. I dunno. It's a tradition. But I do think my 18 games over 20 weeks with 2 byes solves both the short week and revenue issues.

Chilling at BW3's in NJ for the next three hours waiting on a wedding to begin. What should I gamble on?

A wedding at BW3?

I wish. It's actually at a very nice house/estate 15 mins from here. The fiancée is a bridesmaid, so I've been on my own since 8 am while they get ready. The ceremony isn't until 4 so I figured I'd post up here and gamble on the NFL.

I just made my first ever First Quarter O/U bet!

Maurice Harris, just promoted from the practice squad, just had a sick, one-handed, diving TD catch for Washington.

Last edited:
Back