• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Bowles to Jets.

LOL Falcons. Are they just gonna wait for Quinn and hope they don't lose out on him too?

Bowles to Jets.

LOL Falcons. Are they just gonna wait for Quinn and hope they don't lose out on him too?

Thanks for the update. Like Bowles but we really are going to need a good O coordinator to turn around our pile of shit offense.

Bumping a few threads tonight to help move the Danny Manning credibility post off the front page.

Teryl Austin, who coached under Caldwell at Wake Forest and currently is Caldwell's DC in DET is up for a head coach job. It seems like ATL really likes him and moved up a second interview from Thursday to Wednesday. If he gets past ATL, he'll be on Denver's radar too.

WTF is Bowles thinking?!? The Jets are a dumpster fire with no QB in the worst city for media scrutiny in the country. If that was the only job available, I'd have gone back to Zona and waited for next year's coaching cycle of change.

WTF is Bowles thinking?!? The Jets are a dumpster fire with no QB in the worst city for media scrutiny in the country. If that was the only job available, I'd have gone back to Zona and waited for next year's coaching cycle of change.

6th pick in draft, $40 million in cap space, new GM, owner wants to get away from the "dumpster fire" image, personnel on defense (except CB and assuming they resign David Harris) to run his 3-4 scheme. The offense will still suck with Geno and Chan Gailey but I'm pleased with the hire. Quinn would have been nice but better to lock in a quality candidate now then wait until after the Super Bowl.

Draft well, get some CB's through FA (haven't checked who is available there), and see what happens. Still need a QB but hell we've been looking for a QB forever it seems.

Del Rio expected to be named HC of the Raiders. Don't see how he is any improvement over Sparano who seemed to have them playing pretty well at the end.

So current coaching vacancies are:

Atlanta
Denver
Chicago
San Francisco

I think that's the remaining

I'll be surprised if the Bears don't hire Fox at this point. They could do worse. Maybe they should call Wellman for advice to make sure they do.

Teryl Austin, who coached under Caldwell at Wake Forest and currently is Caldwell's DC in DET is up for a head coach job. It seems like ATL really likes him and moved up a second interview from Thursday to Wednesday. If he gets past ATL, he'll be on Denver's radar too.

WTF kind of name is Teryl? Is this coach a girl?

I'll be surprised if the Bears don't hire Fox at this point. They could do worse. Maybe they should call Wellman for advice to make sure they do.

who is worse out of the names listed associated with the opening? Only Shanahan and they have said he is not an option and will prob end up in Denver if Gase doesnt.

So what's Peyton gonna do? Promote his quarterback coach to OC and hire Shanahan?

Falcons want Quinn clearly. Fine with me, he's the best coach out there.

Del Rio expected to be named HC of the Raiders. Don't see how he is any improvement over Sparano who seemed to have them playing pretty well at the end.

JDR has the longest tenure of any coach not to win a division champion.

When I think "program savior" I definitely think the guy that the Jags fired.

JDR has the longest tenure of any coach not to win a division champion.

When I think "program savior" I definitely think the guy that the Jags fired.

A little unfair. He was competing against Peyton every year he was in JAX (the '05 and definitely '07 teams were division-champion caliber), never had a top 10 QB (Carr looks more promising than Leftwich/Garrard) and he made JAX relevant more years than not, an accomplishment with that franchise

A little unfair. He was competing against Peyton every year he was in JAX (the '05 and definitely '07 teams were division-champion caliber), never had a top 10 QB (Carr looks more promising than Leftwich/Garrard) and he made JAX relevant more years than not, an accomplishment with that franchise

Plus his "chopping wood" motivational technique was a stirring success.

Leftwich
Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
Marcedes Lewis
Reggie Nelson
Derrick Harvey
Eugene Monroe
Tyson Alualu
Blaine Gabbert

Back