• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Yeah, I'm not gonna fault Del Rio for those picks. Pretty impressive he was able to do what he did with such bad first rounders

Now im curious, who was picking for the Jags during that stretch? Im assuming Del Rio didn't make personnel decisions, but I have no idea.

Ozzie Newsome disciple James Harris. The apple fell in a different area code from the tree

Ozzie Newsome disciple James Harris. The apple fell in a different area code from the tree

Sometimes you can teach someone a system and methodology, but in situations like evaluating football talent, there is the eye of the evaluator issue. If you don't have a good eye, no system or method is going to help a lot.

Yeah, Shack Harris has not enjoyed success at all. And we're quite happy Eric DeCosta has stuck around. He and Oz do as good a job as any FO out there.

Really? You really think that someone would rather coach the Jets or the Bills before the Falcons?

My homerism aside, pretty much everyone out there has said that the Falcons job is the best one out there. Consistent T10 offense and a 1.25 billion dollar stadium under construction, but no one wants to come. Got it.

Gotta be fun to be micromanaged by Blank.

Or nobody wanted to go to the Falcons.....

Or the Falcons never offered these two guys...

The plan is clearly Quinn, although Teryl Austin is interviewing for the 2nd time now.

Just saw Ian Rapaport tweet that Falcons could be open to Austin as HC and Gase as OC, that seems interesting to me.

Quinn is a good choice, although honestly I would have been more scared of Rex since he'd finally return some backbone and swagger to the Falcons.

I really don't want to lose Austin - he seemed like the only competent part of the coaching staff this season for the Lions.

Falcoons need a HC with some balls and some fire. Mike Smith could not inspire a whore with a fist full of hundreds. Rex would have been nice, but Quinn is probably the best hire of the bunch. And as to being micromanaged by Blank, it could be worse, but it is def an issue.

Quinn is a good choice, although honestly I would have been more scared of Rex since he'd finally return some backbone and swagger to the Falcons.

When did the Falcons ever have that?

I think the Falcons w/ Vick had swagger but not much backbone.

The 1998 Super Bowl dirty birds had the backbone and swagger (too much I guess in eugene robinson's case).

The early 90s Hammer/Deion falcons were the epitome of Swag.

Swagger.

xxxc10buchanancollar27-4_3.jpg

Just saw Ian Rapaport tweet that Falcons could be open to Austin as HC and Gase as OC, that seems interesting to me.

Intriguing. Would like to hear who Quinn's staff is though. Gase doesn't really do much for me, since his only real experience is running PeyPey's offense.

Back