• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Found out a kid I coached as an 8th grader was given a UFA contract with the Texans as an OL. Sort of crazy- it was a basketball league that had him and Prince Shembo (4th round pick of the falcons) playing on different teams.
My son played on the same basketball team as Florida QB Will Grier and Carolina BB signee Luke Maye. Was that fun to watch...

Ziggy Allen has been invited to try out for the Bears this weekend.

"more probable than not"

lololol

Seems pretty obvious that the deflation was intentional and Brady was involved. I don't know what punishment you can realistically give him. They're not going to suspend him, and he has enough money to not sweat a fine.

Also, amazing that the Patriots' equipment guys text like two teenage girls:

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a fuckin balloon

Jastremski: Can‟t wait to give you your needle this week :)
McNally: Fuck tom....make sure the pump is attached to the
needle.....fuckin watermelons coming
Jastremski: So angry
McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

Jastremski: I have a big needle for u this week
McNally: Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby
sunday
McNally: Fuck tom
Jastremski: Maybe u will have some nice size 11s in ur locker
McNally: Tom must really be working your balls hard this week

Additional evidence of Brady‟s awareness includes a material increase in the frequency of telephone and text communications between Brady and Jastremski shortly after suspicions of ball tampering became public on January 19. After not communicating by telephone or text message for more than six months (based on data retrieved from Jastremski‟s cell phone), Brady and Jastremski spoke by telephone at least twice on January 19 (calls lasting a total of 25 minutes and 2 seconds), twice on January 20 (calls lasting a total of 9 minutes and 55 seconds) and twice on January 21 (calls lasting a total of 20 minutes and 52 seconds) before Jastremski surrendered his cell phone to the Patriots later that day for forensic imaging. These calls included conversations relatively early during the mornings of January 19 (7:26 a.m. for 13 minutes and 4 seconds), January 20 (8:22 a.m. for 6 minutes and 21 seconds) and January 21 (7:38 a.m. for 13 minutes and 47 seconds). Brady also took the unprecedented step of inviting Jastremski to the QB room (essentially Brady‟s office) in Gillette Stadium on January 19 for the first and only time that Jastremski can recall during his twenty-year career with the Patriots, and Brady sent Jastremski text messages seemingly designed to calm Jastremski (“You good Jonny boy?”; “You doing good?”). For his part, Jastremski sent Brady text messages confirming that he was okay (“Still nervous; so far so good though”) and cautioning Brady about questioning (“FYI...Dave will be picking your brain later about it. He‟s not accusing me, or anyone...trying to get to bottom of it. He knows it‟s unrealistic you did it yourself...”).

Interested to see how they're going to enforce this moving forward. Brady maybe (or maybe not) was the worst violator but there are plenty of indications that seem to point to other QBs doing something similar

Seems pretty obvious that the deflation was intentional and Brady was involved. I don't know what punishment you can realistically give him. They're not going to suspend him, and he has enough money to not sweat a fine.

sunday

Damn, I was watching ESPN shortly after the news broke, and I thought they had Brady involved in the texting.....and not just texts about him from the other 2.

Goodell and the league have standards? I thought he was the definition of arbitrary and capricious.

Yeah, more like the NFL standard is there isn't really a minimum threshold of evidence. Cowboys and Redskins got punished for spending too much in the uncapped year, which makes no sense. Players have been suspended without being convicted, and sometimes without being charged with crimes. I could be wrong and the NFL could go easy on Brady but from what Schefter has been saying and what Goodell said I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a 2 game suspension.

Shefter said the adamant denial from Brady of even knowing the equipment managers last year (report shows he called and texted them a bunch after deflategate broke) and refusal to cooperate in the investigation won't help. Goodell referenced the punishments handed down by the league earlier this year for competitive balance issues... The Browns GM was suspended 4 games for texting during the game. Falcons lost a draft pick and were fined for artificial crowd noise. This isn't an organizational problem according to the report, it's 3 guys and one was Brady, so loss of draft pick or team fine won't apply but suspension would.

sunday

So much
tommy.jpg
(c) Brews

Last edited:
If Brady is suspended for anytime it should be an interesting opening kickoff game that Goodell is usually apart of when the superbowl is celebrated. He might actually get killed in Foxboro by the man pictured above.

Great, we get to see this on ESPN for the next two weeks as the headliner story.

There were only a few interesting things in the report. One was that 10 footballs could easily be deflated in the time he was in the bathroom with only one practice run. The other was that those texts about deflating stem from balls being overinflated to 16psi against the Jets.

What makes the Pats look really bad is that all the balls were far below and none of the 4 tested Colts balls were. Of course, they don't say where the Colts balls were inflated at the beginning. Presumably at the same level? If not, it kind of makes everything a bit worthless.

The NFL doesn't have to have standards. They've always gone more by the preponderance of the evidence standard and not beyond reasonable doubt. They will do whatever the fuck they want because their own standard gives them substantial leeway.

Last edited:
These locker room guys are literally idiots.

Page 59: "With respect to his decision to use the bathroom, McNally claimed that he has used the bathroom near the field entrance while in possession of the game balls many times. He said that on the day of the AFC Championship Game, he entered the bathroom, dropped the ball bags to his left, and used the urinal to his right. That bathroom, however, does not contain a urinal."

Back