• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Preseason

RangersboysWFBB

Reaction score
1st off, does anyone know where you can stream some of the preseason games? ( i know, this is some real crack head, addict shit.) I've checked my usual go to's; firstrow and vipbox, and neither has anything listed for today other than NFL Network.

I'm in Dallas so I'll be able to see my cowboys wet the bed, but I really want a glimpse at the Panthers tomorrow and kelvin Benjamin, this kid Bene, Trai, Berstin, and even that kid Lucas.

2nd, as far as the other games are concerned, I obviously want to see rookie qb's and other skill positions in action (thanks EJ for ruining Sammy's debut).

Are there any other pathetic addicts out there excited for this gracious offering of paint thinner and rusty tail pipe to huff until the real "ready rock" arrives September 4th? Who are your teams, what do you expect from them, candidates for ROY, and who or what are you most excited to see?

For me, my teams are Cowboys and Panthers.

My Cowboys expectations: Anywhere from 2-14 to 11-5.

Positives: Best offensive line in 2 decades with plenty of weapons surrounding Tony.

Negatives: May have worst defense to ever set foot on a NFL field. QB is 34 and just endured same surgery Tiger woods did…he could't get through a round of golf. Career may seriously be over. Already have a head coach who is allergic to running the ball and now we've brought over Linehan as O coordinator…a man who has no idea what draw play is.

My Panthers expectations: Anywhere from 7-9 to 13-3 (seriously).

Positives: Return the best front 7 in football and may have improved their secondary. Lost their receiving core…which wasn't much of a receiving core, and if all the reports from camp are true about Benji and co. they may actually be a lot better. With Olsen, Dickson, and Williams may be able to successfully implement and run a 12 formation, a return to a set that vaunted the panthers to 6th in the league in offense during Cam's rookie year. With the return of Amini and addition of Trai to bookend kalil, may have the interior push needed to get this running game which is the cornerstone of their offense e.g. Tolbert or Cam getting stopped on 4th and goal at the 1 in the playoffs could become a distant memory.

Negatives: Hedging a whole lot of hope on a late blossoming rookie receiver, 2 other journeymen receivers, a TE who was cut for his inability to hold on to the ball, a former DT we hope to protect Cam's right side, and another OT who was so abused by Mario Williams, many thought he should be converted to a DT. Does Rivera understand ho important Riverboat Ron is to this teams success. Does he understand that a 2 score lead at the hall does not mean slow down but speed up.

Those are my thoughts? What about you guys? Share who you follow and what you expect from them.

Last edited:
FYI these are the two teams of places I've actually lived for an extensive period of time. I was born and raised in Dallas and have stuck by the Cowboys through thick and thin including the Chutch and Drew henson Years. I started rooting for the Panthers when Pickles was their QB… that team won 2 fucking games (the NFL wised up that year and took the Cowboys off national TV every week.) My sports loyalties are true and rooted in real shit. I remember when Rusty Greer was the best thing smokin for my Texas Rangers. So GTFO with any insinuations of bandwagoning. And you can eat a giant creamy dick with that bitch made, anonymous tag shit.

Romo's career being over might not be the worst thing to happen to the Boys. And I'm not a Romo hater.

I've always said Jerruh Jones should fire his general manager. Tony Romo is not the problem. An overall lack of talent is the problem. Who on Dallas is an above average player? Romo, Dez, maybe an aging Witten and a couple of O-linemen. Now Ware is in Denver and Lee is done for the year. You are correct that this may be the worst defense of all-time. The only fortunate thing for them is they get 6 games against fellow NFCE opponents, and Washington and NYG are about as bad as Dallas is, and nobody plays an ounce of D in that division. I'd set their O/U in wins at 5.5-6. The fun thing about the NFCE is they play the NFCW this year. I think the NFCW could go something like 14-2 or 13-3 against the NFCE.

As for Carolina, I wasn't a fan of their offseason. While they've hit on some great high picks in recent years, I'm not a fan of Richardson and their FO. I think it was a mistake to kick Smith out the door, and the way they did it shows they're still classless in the FO. And now they have no proven WRs for Cam to throw to. And they picked Benjamin instead of Marqise Lee. That killed me. As often happens with teams that have a huge improvement over their previous seasons, I see them taking a little step backwards this year. I like their front 7 but don't like their weapons at WR and RB, and the OL is aight at best. Add to that, it's a good division. New Orleans is still a double digit winner if Brees is upright. Tampa is improved, and Atlanta belongs in the NFCE with a great offense and a turrible D. I'd set the NFCS O/Us at NO 10.5, Carolina 7.5-8, Atlanta 7 and Tampa 7.

Romo's career being over might not be the worst thing to happen to the Boys. And I'm not a Romo hater.

Man qb's are hard to come by, just ask the jags, Browns, bills, Texans, Dolphins etc. Romo may not be Tom Brady but He is better than Flacco (who is even hard to come by), and if the rest of your house is in order that may be all you need. The foundation of our offense is solid, but our defense is a neglected, poorly supervised, halfway house. The only way Romo's career ending is a positive in my mind is if we secure a top 5 pick for a a qb, and that is entirely different crap shoot in itself. For every Cam and Luck that comes through to change a team, there are many, many more Tim Couch's and David Carr's out there. That's why I think Cincy secured Dalton, they know he's not the best but he may be better that the probable alternative.

And they picked Benjamin instead of Marqise Lee. That killed me.

I agree with just about everything you said except the above. This is a fairly lazy assessment by me, but I'm out on USC receivers, especially ones with injury concerns. The most disconcerting thing to me about the Steve Smith release, is that it made financial sense at all. Dead Money for 2 years for nothing. I tried to see it through rose colored glasses but compounding that move with the Tyler Gaffney gaff, makes you seriously question aspects of the FO's credibility and competency.

Camp gonna do work tonight son.

I really want to see him. I thought the gaffney pick was a waste even before they gave him away. Don't know why the Panthers didn't look at Camp or Seantrel Henderson there.

I agree with just about everything you said except the above. This is a fairly lazy assessment by me, but I'm out on USC receivers, especially ones with injury concerns. The most disconcerting thing to me about the Steve Smith release, is that it made financial sense at all. Dead Money for 2 years for nothing. I tried to see it through rose colored glasses but compounding that move with the Tyler Gaffney gaff, makes you seriously question aspects of the FO's credibility and competency.

Lee was the most complete WR in the draft after Watkins. Not liking USC WRs is like saying you don't like Tedford QBs, which would have been accurate through Kyle Boller, however Rodgers doesn't suck. Benjamin is a big body who could be a good endzone threat, but I'll be surprised if his career is anywhere near Lee's.

I think Panthers go 9-7 or so. They have a difficult schedule and they were VERY lucky last year (see: record in one-score games).

No he's nursing bruised ribs.

He just retweeted Kevin Johnson's tweet saying "tune in and watch mike campanro tonight in his first NFL game". So maybe he is playing since twitter is 100% accurate.

Lee was the most complete WR in the draft after Watkins. Not liking USC WRs is like saying you don't like Tedford QBs, which would have been accurate through Kyle Boller, however Rodgers doesn't suck. Benjamin is a big body who could be a good endzone threat, but I'll be surprised if his career is anywhere near Lee's.

To be fair I did give the caveat that it was lazy and also that the dude has injury concerns. I dunno, big body receivers who amount to anything in the league are a rare find, there are many more busts. But the way Benji can fluidly contort his body like an NBA swing man makes think this dude might be a hitter. My opinion is probably skewed by camp reports and the fact that Jimbo said he thinks Benji will be a better pro than college receiver which is saying something.

I make room for the possibility that I could be surprised. But I don't see Benjamin being fast enough to be a big impact guy. He could be a nice red zone and possession guy like Keyshawn Johnson was at a similar size and speed, but that's his ceiling. Lee was banged up last year and went from top-10 to out of the 1st round, but to me, he's a complete WR who will be at least a solid #2 and maybe a #1. Well, except for the fact that, at least for now, he has London, er Jacksonville, Jaguar QBs throwing to him.

I make room for the possibility that I could be surprised. But I don't see Benjamin being fast enough to be a big impact guy. He could be a nice red zone and possession guy like Keyshawn Johnson was at a similar size and speed, but that's his ceiling. Lee was banged up last year and went from top-10 to out of the 1st round, but to me, he's a complete WR who will be at least a solid #2 and maybe a #1. Well, except for the fact that, at least for now, he has London, er Jacksonville, Jaguar QBs throwing to him.

God they should just go ahead and move that team already. I think they may want 3 other teams over there with them though in an effort to make travel more amenable (not necessarily all in England but in Europe close enough in proximity. Though outside of London I don't know if the NFL has much of a market in Europe). That would mean that they only have 5 weeks a year where they actually have cross the pond.

2 in England and 2 in Germany may work. those Countries sported and supported the longest running NFL Europe teams.

Germany is supposedly big on American football. When the World League folded, almost all the terms were in Germany.

Oh to address a tag, this thread was not intended as a full 32 team assessment by me (as readers I am sure are aware of.) I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the dolphins but I am curious about them and all teams, hence why I requested you share info about your teams best worst case scenario, players to watch etc., and provided a skeleton using the 2 teams I am familiar with. this isn't an article, it was a thread to get the proverbial ball rolling.

I think Jax does end up in London. And they wouldn't have to change their name because Jaguars would fit well. Logistically, a London team creates problems. They'd have a bigger home field advantage and worse road disadvantage due to travel. And London is too expensive for practice squadders and non-stars. They might have to institute a living expense allowance for the players. And I think London would have problems in attracting FAs. Worse than Jax already does? I dunno.

And the Raiders should move back to LA to satisfy the league and so that other franchises don't threaten to go there. Talk about 2 moribund franchises. As a Cowboy fan, at least you can say you're not a Jaguar or Raider fan.

Back